dlaurend

Charter boat - North Fork area

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I know it's late and chances are slim but looking for a reccomendation for a charter boat for either Friday or Saturday .  Wer staying in Soutland area.   Trying to charter a center console as its only 2 guys.  Light tackle stuff ( spinning and fly) 

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

8 mins ago, dlaurend said:

I know it's late and chances are slim but looking for a reccomendation for a charter boat for either Friday or Saturday .  Wer staying in Soutland area.   Trying to charter a center console as its only 2 guys.  Light tackle stuff ( spinning and fly) 

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Sorry. Meant to say Southold area

Weather is looking iffy rest of week.  Friday is best day at 14 SW most of say.  Saturday is 20 plus all day......not trying to be a Debbie Downer here but not sure it’s worth it.  May be more worthwhile fishing off beach....

What's your target?  You looking for bass/blues or bottom (sea bass, tog), or some combo?

Capt. Sloan Gurney of the Black Rock is pretty good as a charter operation, but it's not a smaller CC like you're looking for.  I've also gone on the larger charter/smaller party boats like the Brooklyn Girl and PBs like the Primetime and Peconic Star.  They're all pretty good out there.  I'm going to be heading out next weekend and looking for blackfish myself, but if I were paying for a boat I'd be looking at the Brooklyn Girl or Primetime.

Try to give Bob Rochetta at Rainbow Charters a call. Small center console and serious fisherman. (631) 445-7088

Out of Orient by the Sea Marina. 

Edited by ThirstyOwl III