Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinambition

Humanity at its dumbest

Rate this topic

65 posts in this topic

Gathering a buncha people in a room and lecturing about general safety (dumb **** like look where you walk) instead of implementing real measures (like making sure several thousands pounds of product isn't teetering back and forth while 15 feet in the air) is not a morale boost. It's more like a **** you, we do this to pretend to care when we really don't otherwise we'd ask questions and actually obtain something from this wasteful counterproductive forced interaction.

Posted (edited) · Report post

It sounds like someone who has a lot on their plate with limited bandwidth needs to embrace the synergies of empowerment in order to move the needle and drill down and open the kimono and cascade relevant information whist maintaining a 50 thousand foot view of the no brainer situation.  Ping your manager and get his/her blessing on picking the low hanging fruit concurrent with a value added action plan in order to streamline the strategic fit of a safety program that can be put in the back of the net.  ASAP!  

I could continue but I'd be blowing chunks on my key board if I do. Weeeeeeee!

Edited by Jettyhound

5 mins ago, fishinambition said:

Gathering a buncha people in a room and lecturing about general safety (dumb **** like look where you walk) instead of implementing real measures (like making sure several thousands pounds of product isn't teetering back and forth while 15 feet in the air) is not a morale boost. It's more like a **** you, we do this to pretend to care when we really don't otherwise we'd ask questions and actually obtain something from this wasteful counterproductive forced interaction.

congrats on your promotion to stocking shelves!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I had to sit through a 1 hour session 3 years running at the local hospital for deafness sensitivity training after they were sued.  You wanna talk about an insultingly idiotic waste of time.  Just a sample:  Ways to tell if someone might be hard of hearing......they ask you to repeat yourself, they lean closer to you while you're speaking, they act like they don't understand you, etc.

If 90% of administrators were dismissed today the world would be a saner, more efficient place.  Pol pot was onto something, just overdid it.

MickAff likes this

4 mins ago, ken r said:

You could rat 'em out to OSHA.

OSHA training was a whole week lol. It prepared us for countless theoretical possibilities but none of the actual ones that could have been easily addressed.

Our employees are encouraged to come up with ideas that improve the process, and management listens.

How else are you going to continously improve?

Instead of whining, maybe you should be an agent of positive change. 

And I'm not even talking about the disconnect between the office folk and the floor work, that **** exists everywhere. I'm talkin about the do nothing policy theatre with the repetitive slogans and sayings, much how I believe indoctrination centers operate. Look, the second you announce a plan to achieve an impossible goal, you just lost the support of everyone with enough gray matter to help do something realistic. It sounds corny as hell and is brought to you buy those weirdos you sometimes see in the cafeteria but avoid because they exude reetardation. Sorry, no we can't achieve 100% but safety but if you stow the rhetoric and shove the power point presentation up your ass, we can sit down and talk about how to keep several thousand pounds of product stable while 15 feet in the air.

3 mins ago, Billybob said:

Instead of whining, maybe you should be an agent of positive change. 

I'll take the under. :th:

6 mins ago, fishinambition said:

OSHA training was a whole week lol. It prepared us for countless theoretical possibilities but none of the actual ones that could have been easily addressed.

I go to osha classes too . The funny thing is they won't touch the language barrier . A lot of construction guys don't speak a lick of English , not word one .

How do you make someone aware of a dangerous situation if they don't understand you . Issues like that are the elephant in the room , but it wouldn't be 

p c to go there so they won't . I'm also convinced they really don't care , its all for insurance discounts .

16 mins ago, HopHead said:

I had to sit through a 1 hour session 3 years running at the local hospital for deafness sensitivity training after they were sued.  You wanna talk about an insultingly idiotic waste of time.  Just a sample:  Ways to tell if someone might be hard of hearing......they ask you to repeat yourself, they lean closer to you while you're speaking, they act like they don't understand you, etc.

If 90% of administrators were dismissed today the world would be a saner, more efficient place.  Pol pot was onto something, just overdid it.

My

mother  worked her entire career in radiology. Oldest said she might go into hospital management. I though my

mother was gonna kill her. Lol. 

Edited by HugeDinghy

7 hours ago, redfishkiller said:

who needs safety rules...

Bet he has a headache. 

Edited by TimS
gore removed

23 mins ago, fishinambition said:

You need to draw up these actual ones and get a majority approval from co-workers and submit them before there is an accident/investigation.

43 mins ago, fishinambition said:

It's more like a **** you, we do this to pretend to care when we really don't

So, you've had 147 jobs and just now figured this out? 

b4loran likes this