Sears files for bankruptcy

Rate this topic

iphish

Ordered a 250.00 motor control board priority shipping for the washing machine on the 5th from searspartsdirect.  What's the over/under on actually receiving it?  Status has gone from shipped to backorder about 5 times now.  I'd just cancel the order but with the bankruptcy not too confident in refund.

Pretty sure I'm not gettin laid until the wife can do some laundry at home so this is become more than a mild inconvenience.  

It's not a ****ing woodpecker!

Sears has been going out of business for decades. Like someone now knowing they have cancer until it is too late. Horrible business model. They tried to be everything to everyone. Rather than focus on tools, appliances and electronics... they added clothing, jewelry and all kinds of other things that were not their strength.

Then, they sell off craftsman which meant no longer did the lifetime guarantee stay in place. Deadly decision.

Finally, the service they provided for the appliances was SO BAD that many people including myself swore to never buy from them again. As an example, I purchased a refrigerator and got the 4 yr extended warranty. When the fridge stopped working in the month of July, I called for service. The soonest appointment they could give me was three weeks out.... for a fridge in July.

You are just a dirty, smelly fisherman. If a hot girl is making eye contact with you, she is probably a hooker.

3 mins ago, EricJ said:

Then, they sell off craftsman which meant no longer did the lifetime guarantee stay in place. Deadly decision.

They still have the full warranty according to their website. Going to be sold at Lowes and on Amazon. :th:

https://www.craftsman.com/customer-care/warranty-information

Justice will only exist where those not affected by injustice are filled with the same amount of indignation as those offended.

~ Plato

5 mins ago, Seal said:

They still have the full warranty according to their website. Going to be sold at Lowes and on Amazon. :th:

https://www.craftsman.com/customer-care/warranty-information

Good to know thanks. Wondering why when I walked into Sears with an effed up screw driver that they told me they do not replace them anymore

You are just a dirty, smelly fisherman. If a hot girl is making eye contact with you, she is probably a hooker.

14 mins ago, IsmailG said:

Stanley bought the Craftsman brand right? Isn't that a good thing considering how downhill Craftsman has went? Think Kenmore is being sold off too

Yeah, Stanley Black and Decker. I haven't bought any tools in years so I don't know about the quality, but I guess Stanley bought them awhile ago.

Justice will only exist where those not affected by injustice are filled with the same amount of indignation as those offended.

~ Plato

One of my brothers over in Nam back in 69 managed to get a catalog sent to him. The girls (hooch maids) who worked for us found it and every day they would go through every page and just jabber away. They couldn't believe that we had a store like that. Couldn't read anything and didn't know what most of the items were but they we fun to watch when they turned the pages. One said that we were so lucky and you know what. She was right. 

2 hours ago, Reed422 said:

I can't imagine Amazon would take over all their locations. Probably not a smart move for them.

Amazon is not that stupid, maybe a few locations for the location, then demo the building and rebuild.

America, the country so great that even its haters refuse to leave.