Who bothers tying braid to mono leader ?

Those that do, please look @ FG knot . Simply exceptional, smallest AND strongest of them all. There's virtually no knot, so you can safely retrieve the line, with the join going PAST the guides and cast it, w/o any fear of knot ripping out guide inserts.

But I reckon most dont bother anymore.

In my case, braid is terminated with a "mighty mini" swivel. It is small enough to go through the guides, event smallest of them, so you can remove the reel after fishing while retaining the swivel and install it back. These last forever. 100# is size of elongated grain of rice.

Then I clip a tactical angler clip to the swivel. This lets me quickly change tackle and also "stops" the line so that neither the swivel nor the clip, go through any of the guides.

And lastly, the lures are each attached to their own ~2 feet of leader. When mean blues are around, I sometimes use 100# test, just for abrasion resistance. But most of the time, 30# is good. Leaders end with a simple ~1" loop, that gets clipped onto the tactical angler clip

Edited by TimS
embedded video

I tie an Alberto except when Blues are around and I just use a shorter heavier leader with swivel and TA clip.  However they are only about 2 to 3 feet.  Would NEVER take a swivel through the guides.

Edited by Shipwreck

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

The FG knot is great. I used to use the swivel and tie the lines to it. You’d get snagged and loose the swivel too. Now with the FG knot I break off at the knot by the hook. I don’t loose long pieces of line or hardware. No need to be concerned that the tiny swivel runs up the tip guide. 

It takes a little time to tie, but it does get quicker over time. I use it all the time now. 

Alberto..............never had one fail yet.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"