Yankees Winter News

Rate this topic

Hook I

On 12/10/2018 at 7:34 AM, Nite_Bite_00 said:

Crazy, crazy. Andujar 297% 27 Hr's and 92 RBI's.!! Rookie season. This guy is a major keeper for the long haul. Hits to all fields. So what he booted a couple and his "sling" style throwing motion will be worked on over the winter and spring. I think he is safe, low pay, control over him for a few years.

errors by A.L. 3b 

1Devers • BOS24

2.Chapman • OAK20

3.Suarez • CIN19

4.Andujar • NYY15

Longoria • SFG15

Franco • PHI

Edited by Hook I

If it has fins i want to catch it 

6 mins ago, Fly By Nite said:

They hit 267 homers last year.  Don't see you complaining about that.  You can't have it both ways.

I am complaining about that - in a roundabout way ;)

Good against bad pitching but suck when they have to face good pitching from playoff teams.

2 hours ago, Fly By Nite said:

They hit 267 homers last year.  Don't see you complaining about that.  You can't have it both ways.

You can have it both ways.  Hit 40 HR but only bat .260, fine.

But don't strike out 200 times while you do it.  Strike out 100 times, and those other 100 outs, let them mostly be fly balls to the outfield that move runners.  Ground ball out can be a DP, yes, but they can also move runners, and sometimes lead to errors.

Not asking these power hitters to bat .300, or even .280, but I don't think it's unfair to ask them to at least put the ball in play.

If your hungry don't eat at the stadium 

According to a food-safety investigation into major sporting venues across the country conducted by ESPN, based on reports in 2016 and 2017, Yankee Stadium was ranked last in MLB with a violation rate of 79.07 percent.

My choice is usually 161st Court Deli  

winter meeting are over , years back the rules were rules and things closed but now a days anything goes . Rules are made to be broken .

Moving Gray is not happening as Cash wants too much $$ for him , we will see but he said hes not staying 

More starting pitching is going to happen IF they stick to the 6 man as was said he needs another arm

More bull pen is is needed as we can feel this are in turn for some 

Machado from what I hear is a $ 40 million one year deal & end of season can talk about the next 9 .Both have no hold  & are not binding , Take a long term son  ! this smells funny 

SS Tulowitzki was released by the Jay's & his $ 38 million goes with him. Don't ever think teams don't have $$$ here is an example !   might see him in pinstripes as big fan of the Bombers . it's a bargain until DiDi returns , injuries who knows ?  

Edited by Hook I

Plunking an opponent paid off for CC Sabathia.

The New York Yankees gave Sabathia a $500,000 performance bonus, even though the 38-year-old left-hander was ejected from his final regular-season start six outs shy of the 155 innings specified in his contract for the payment.

Sabathia hit Tampa Bay’s Jesus Sucre starting the sixth inning on Sept. 27 with his 55th pitch of the night, retaliation for Andrew Kittredge throwing a pitch behind Austin Romine in the top half.

“We thought it was a very nice gesture by the Yankees,” Sabathia’s agent, Kyle Thousand of Roc Nation Sports, told The Associated Press on Monday. “CC was very appreciative and is really excited to come back next year and, hopefully, win a championship.”

Neither side announced the decision, which became evident when the $500,000 was included in the Yankees’ final luxury tax payroll.

“It was something that we did very private and weren’t looking to publicize, and I’ll just leave it at that,” Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said.

On 12/13/2018 at 6:03 PM, JoeyZac said:

You can have it both ways.  Hit 40 HR but only bat .260, fine.

But don't strike out 200 times while you do it.  Strike out 100 times, and those other 100 outs, let them mostly be fly balls to the outfield that move runners.  Ground ball out can be a DP, yes, but they can also move runners, and sometimes lead to errors.

Not asking these power hitters to bat .300, or even .280, but I don't think it's unfair to ask them to at least put the ball in play.

LOL  I would take 260 with half as many homers. All star territory today if he's got good defense and walks a bunch. That is an impact player.

Problem is when they put the ball in play there is a defender there to make the out because of the shift/sabermetrics. Seems like the players are trying to beat the shift by hitting the ball up. They either strike out, advance a runner, or hit a homer. 

2 hours ago, Fly By Nite said:

LOL  I would take 260 with half as many homers. All star territory today if he's got good defense and walks a bunch. That is an impact player.

Problem is when they put the ball in play there is a defender there to make the out because of the shift/sabermetrics. Seems like the players are trying to beat the shift by hitting the ball up. They either strike out, advance a runner, or hit a homer. 

The shift don't do a thing against a fly ball with a man on third and less than 2 out, and that is where Stanton was truly horrific this year.

2 mins ago, Fly By Nite said:

Stanton has just one job- to hit homers. That's the player he is.

Agreed, but that has him making about 400 outs a year, with around 150 strikeouts.

If he can cut down on the K's, especially with runners in scoring position, it would make a big difference in his overall production.

there will be a sighting today but won't be " old saint Nick "  Manny will be in town today for all the Yankees girls and boys to see . I'll guess his greetring by " Senor Octubre " Carlos Beltran ( FYI has the same agent ) will hit the best places in town showered with gifts . 

Feliz Navidad  

Why any team would want to poison their clubhouse with Cheapshot Machado is beyond me.  If I were a GM or owner, he would definitely NOT be "my cup of tea". 

Edited by Jettyhound

"If you want to consider what 'social security' does for and to people, look at the American Indian." -Henry Ford

"If I could live my life over, I'd live it over Giglio's B&T." -Bud E. Brown

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.