Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StriperAddict247

VR150 Silent Drag issues

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Had my VR150 for a little over 7 months now and love the reel along with the Power Knob. The only issue I've had is that the drag when line goes out seems to be very silent. Is there any ways of modifying the drag so it's louder? I would ideally like to sound like the VSX drag but not sure how that would happen. Looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say, thanks!

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I intentionally silence all my drags, no one else needs to hear it I'm hooked up, it was crucial in the dark this morning, pulled a couple of good fish out of a light crowd with no clicker or light and no muggers.

Edited by pakalolo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recall BeachGlassGuru posted a fix some time back. You may want to search or PM him. 

 

Personally, I love the silence on my VR. Just enough for me to feel it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ThirstyOwl III said:

I recall BeachGlassGuru posted a fix some time back. You may want to search or PM him. 

 

Personally, I love the silence on my VR. Just enough for me to feel it. 

Finally found the post ThirstyOwl III  thanks for that comment!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The post I think hes referring to, was for a tweak on the vr50 drag.. I'm pretty sure the drag is different on the larger VR series reels because the spool design is different in the 50..

However, for what it's worth.  My larger VR reels are nearly silent also. 

 

The 50 is my albie reel... albie fishing, for me, is all about listening to my drag sing... that's why I wanted my drag louder on the 50...

 

My larger VR reels see a lot of time in the surf at night.. in that case I much prefer a very quiet drag..

Nothing worse than hooking up around several other guys who aren't, and having a loud drag call in the lookie-lous...

I usually try to land and release a fish silently, leaving the guys 10/15 yards away none the wiser.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, Beachglass Guru said:

The post I think hes referring to, was for a tweak on the vr50 drag.. I'm pretty sure the drag is different on the larger VR series reels because the spool design is different in the 50..

However, for what it's worth.  My larger VR reels are nearly silent also. 

 

The 50 is my albie reel... albie fishing, for me, is all about listening to my drag sing... that's why I wanted my drag louder on the 50...

 

My larger VR reels see a lot of time in the surf at night.. in that case I much prefer a very quiet drag..

Nothing worse than hooking up around several other guys who aren't, and having a loud drag call in the lookie-lous...

I usually try to land and release a fish silently, leaving the guys 10/15 yards away none the wiser.. 

Ohh alright thanks! You still think there might be a way of making the larger VR drag louder? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StriperAddict247 said:

Ohh alright thanks! You still think there might be a way of making the larger VR drag louder? 

Not sure.  Sorry. I Never tried. I prefer mine quiet. 

 

Maybe try to reach out to scooby... he is the resident expert on how things work.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/13/2018 at 8:28 AM, pakalolo said:

I intentionally silence all my drags, no one else needs to hear it I'm hooked up, it was crucial in the dark this morning, pulled a couple of good fish out of a light crowd with no clicker or light and no muggers.

+1   I'm with pakalolo on the drag clicker issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Beachglass Guru said:

Not sure.  Sorry. I Never tried. I prefer mine quiet. 

 

Maybe try to reach out to scooby... he is the resident expert on how things work.. 

Thanks for the quick responses, appreciate the insight brother 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2018 at 3:26 PM, StriperAddict247 said:

Thanks for the quick responses, appreciate the insight brother 

Did you ever find the fix? Just wondering if it is the same as the vr50.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.