BrianBM

What Rosenstein probably did say

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

Justice Kavanaugh's nomination is now settled. President Trump can turn his attention to what Rosenstein said, or didn't, or hinted at, etc.  

My $0.02 is that he probably did talk, even if it was just thinking out loud, about taping President Trump's speech in order to support an attempt to remove President Trump from office via the 25th Amendment.  My reasoning has nothing to do with Rosenstein, a figure I'd never heard of until after Comey was fired, leaving Rosenstein in the position of being Mueller's supervisor. 

When he first came into office, President Trump surrounded himself with people who had far more experience then he did, in things military and diplomatic. Insofar as I can tell at this point, they quickly came to the conclusion that he is an idiot. Former Secretary Tillerson has refused to deny characterizing Trump as a idiot. General Kelly was widely quoted as describing the President as having the understanding of a fifth or sixth grader.  National Security Advisor Gen. McMaster (USA-Ret.) kept his mouth shut until President Trump revoked John Brennan's security clearance. He then wrote a public letter that denounces the revocation, and asked that his security clearance be revoked, too, so he could stand with Brennan. That's pretty damning, coming from him.  Gary Cohn had to be talked down by Gen. Kelly from resigning, in response to the President's morally appalling speech immediately after the Charlottesville murder. There might be others that I'm missing. 

It appears that the more you know, the less you like President Trump. The more face time you get, the more worried for the country you become.  Rosenstein's talk about A 25 fits into this pattern perfectly, another lifetime professional (in his case, law enforcement) who came out of some conversation with the President so badly shaken that he started babbling. {Unanswered Question #1.  What did President Trump say, in Rosenstein's hearing, that left a lifetime lawyer/prosecutor/bureaucrat so disturbed? People in his position see Presidents and politicians come and go. They don't generally rattle so easily.}

The President likes having people he dislikes around for awhile, so he can torture and humiliate them in public. Sessions is the clearest example, but I think Rosenstein is going to  be in that position from now on, to the extent he wasn't there already.

What are the odds on Sessions, Rosenstein and Mueller still being in their current positions within two months of the midterm elections?  Not very good, I'd say.

In all honesty, McMaster, Tillerson, Kelly and Brennan probably view 90%+ of Americans as idiots, and in truth, compared to them, that figure is probably low.

Seriously, when you look at what those people know about running the country and controlling/maneuvering the governments of the entire planet, and then consider that the average American can't point to Kansas on a map, most people actually are idiots, compared to them.

It's funny how liberals keep saying that President Trump is not bright yet he keeps outsmarting them at every turn. He's ushered in GDP growth rate they said was unattainable. He brought back jobs that the left said were gone forever. He crushed ISIS in 6 months after they ran rings around Obama for years. He's winning a trade war that the left said would be a disaster for American jobs.   I guess that means that liberals are virtually vegetables if some one who is not bright can outperform them so easily. 

Not sure your unanswered question is complete. Maybe should be also what did he already know, or think he knew, from intelligence to that date.  

Odds are gone but hopefully Mueller completes first.  

44 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

In all honesty, McMaster, Tillerson, Kelly and Brennan probably view 90%+ of Americans as idiots, and in truth, compared to them, that figure is probably low.

Seriously, when you look at what those people know about running the country and controlling/maneuvering the governments of the entire planet, and then consider that the average American can't point to Kansas on a map, most people actually are idiots, compared to them.

Joey, you know how dumb the average person is?

Pretty dumb, right?

Now, think on how half the people are dumber than that.

Harf likes this

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, BrianBM said:

Justice Kavanaugh's nomination is now settled. President Trump can turn his attention to what Rosenstein said, or didn't, or hinted at, etc.  

My $0.02 is that he probably did talk, even if it was just thinking out loud, about taping President Trump's speech in order to support an attempt to remove President Trump from office via the 25th Amendment.  My reasoning has nothing to do with Rosenstein, a figure I'd never heard of until after Comey was fired, leaving Rosenstein in the position of being Mueller's supervisor. 

When he first came into office, President Trump surrounded himself with people who had far more experience then he did, in things military and diplomatic. Insofar as I can tell at this point, they quickly came to the conclusion that he is an idiot. Former Secretary Tillerson has refused to deny characterizing Trump as a idiot. General Kelly was widely quoted as describing the President as having the understanding of a fifth or sixth grader.  National Security Advisor Gen. McMaster (USA-Ret.) kept his mouth shut until President Trump revoked John Brennan's security clearance. He then wrote a public letter that denounces the revocation, and asked that his security clearance be revoked, too, so he could stand with Brennan. That's pretty damning, coming from him.  Gary Cohn had to be talked down by Gen. Kelly from resigning, in response to the President's morally appalling speech immediately after the Charlottesville murder. There might be others that I'm missing. 

It appears that the more you know, the less you like President Trump. The more face time you get, the more worried for the country you become.  Rosenstein's talk about A 25 fits into this pattern perfectly, another lifetime professional (in his case, law enforcement) who came out of some conversation with the President so badly shaken that he started babbling. {Unanswered Question #1.  What did President Trump say, in Rosenstein's hearing, that left a lifetime lawyer/prosecutor/bureaucrat so disturbed? People in his position see Presidents and politicians come and go. They don't generally rattle so easily.}

The President likes having people he dislikes around for awhile, so he can torture and humiliate them in public. Sessions is the clearest example, but I think Rosenstein is going to  be in that position from now on, to the extent he wasn't there already.

What are the odds on Sessions, Rosenstein and Mueller still being in their current positions within two months of the midterm elections?  Not very good, I'd say.

"When he first came into office, President Trump surrounded himself with people who had far more experience then he did, in things military and diplomatic. Insofar as I can tell at this point, they quickly came to the conclusion that he is an idiot. Former Secretary Tillerson has refused to deny characterizing Trump as a idiot. General Kelly was widely quoted as describing the President as having the understanding of a fifth or sixth grader"  Yiks Brian

Edited by codfish

Posted (edited) · Report post

McMaster did not ask for his clearance to be revoked, that was McRaven. 

Still a big fish, but not a cabinet official. 

Edited by PlumFishing

2 hours ago, BrianBM said:

... he is an idiot. ...

of a fifth or sixth grader....

A stupid 6th grader built an empire brand, beat the Republican royalty (Bush's) and the hot shot newcomers, and beat the greatest political machine in modern time (Clinton), and continues to beat their respective followers into submission (R's reluctantly renegotiating deals across the planet, signing off on multiple SC picks, D's influence shrinking like a ...  like a cold thing. 

Thats one lucky dumb 11 year old.

J likes this

2 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Can't disagree with you here........

DC insiders don't want any outsiders in their  special needs club,  Trump is about as much an outsider as anyone could be.  'Nuff said 

J likes this

‘Morally appalling speech after Charlottesville.”-OP

Oh, appalling because he didn’t promote the good works of Antifah ?

Morally appalling is when a president says you can keep your health plan when he knows HIS law will make it illegal. Or paying terrorists and lying about it. Or spying on citizens, and claiming he didn’t. On and on, there were appalling things Obama did that seem to be just fine for leftists. Yet, Charlottesville remains formost in their minds as appalling. 

The fake nazis visited my town right after Charlottesville. Sure did. Only the local authorities made it very clear that violent rioters would meet the law enforcement folks and go to jail. A few Antifah appeared in town, but most decided to stay away. I guess they figured it would be a lame party. The idiotic fake Nazis said their stupid stuff and everyone went away.

Appalling is what the authorities failed to do in Charlottesville, not what the president said. Much like the heroic actions of the Mayor of Baltimore allowing looters to express themselves, and then lying about it. That’s appalling.

Antifah is a collection of violent folks that want us to believe they are securing our streets from the growing ranks of Nazis. So many Nazis. They are everywhere. Good thing we have rioters wearing masks to save us. Glad I’m not on that team, the one that thinks any of it is valuable enough for the president to involve himself more than what Trump did.

The outright hatred for our president is more common than swatztika wearing scumbags. Why isn’t that appalling ?

I do not understand why the Leftys get all twisted up over Trump saying there were some good people there on both sides.

Everybody there wasn't AntiFa, or Neo-Nazis.

Some folks were there supporting, and protesting the removal of the statues, then the boys that like to play rough, from both sides, showed up.

If that poor girl wouldn't have gotten run over, and killed, the protest would be long forgotten.

The lesson learned should be that if you feel the need to be at a protest, and things have the hint of turning violent, leave, unless you are prepared to deal with the possibly lethal, and legal consequences.