Moo5e

Change to Regulations for Striped Bass Fishing in the Block Island Transit Zone

Rate this topic

204 posts in this topic

As a long time recreational fishermen in the commonwealth of Massachusetts and knowing that the EEZ is an important part of the resource system that the striped bass have set up shop in and for all we know are using this secure area to flourish and mature for future generations of anglers , yet to come. The bass that thrive in this area , do so at no ones risk of depletion and should it be opened for what ever reason we will lose a vital resource for generations to come. Let us keep one sanctuary closed and secure for no other reason than that . This area provides over time some of the larger breeders , but that does not mean-we should set up shop  to kill them of or even reduce the quantity it holds. We need much more law enforcing measures upon this Sanctuary, not less or none

Been lurking on the site for a while, because, frankly I don't have much to contribute. I'm new to surf fishing, and the skunks that come with it!  Thanks to this site I have definitely learned a lot, and more confident in my pursuit. 

I felt this was as good a reason as ever to sign up. My comment was posted to the link today and shared.

Done, but with a high level of suspicion that they could not care less about what we think. Their decisions often seem to baffle me. 

Done and done, I don’t know if it will help. Let face it money talks in this day and age. But it felt good to air out my feeling on this.  

Allowing recreational harvest for striped bass in the Block Island Transit Zone would only add more pressure to a stock of fish that doesn't need any more pressure.

I oppose the proposed rule.

Regards,
Tackle Advisors

Your Comment Tracking Number: 1k2-96gq-crfb