Change to Regulations for Striped Bass Fishing in the Block Island Transit Zone

Rate this topic

Moo5e

Agreed.  I'm still putting mine together, but will have them done well before the deadline.

The concern about the opening at the ASMFC meeting yesterday was palpable.  Unfortunately, the ultimate decision lies with NMFS, NOAA and ultimately the Secretary of Commerce, and I have little faith in the top agency leadership to do the right, as opposed to the political, thing.

"I have always believed that outdoor writers who come out against fish and wildlife conservation are in the wrong business. To me, it makes as much sense golf writers coming out against grass.."  --  Ted Williams

7 hours ago, Moo5e said:

Thanks! This is the first step down a very slippery slope. Once this area is opened it will only be a matter of time before the entire EEZ is under attack.

Absolutely, this would be the straw that breaks the camels back for sure :( hope things will pan out 

GOD made my Mold different from the rest, Then he broke that mold so I know I'm Blessed.

Let’s not forget about this! It seems that they delayed it to wait for the stock assement numbers to come out( at least this is my understanding) I am willing to bet the numbers come out “great” so they will be able to move forward, politics is getting heavily involved and the $$$ seems to be all that matters here, I don’t trust that Lee Zeldin guy, he’s looking to make a quick buck and I’m sure they’re people stacking his pockets behind the scenes as he’s trying to push this through as fast as possible........our favorite fish is going to be pushed to the brink if we don’t fight back!!!

GOD made my Mold different from the rest, Then he broke that mold so I know I'm Blessed.

On 10/16/2018 at 9:30 AM, Cpalms said:

Commented.  Takes less than an minute.  Could not be any easier.

They have only received 246 comments so far.  That's sad.

It really is as it takes no time at all.

You’re not some crazy uncle you know!

I'm so glad I don't live in the fact-less bizarro world you live in...just sayin'.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 6:13 PM, bobber said:

Lee Zeldin has been doing the bidding of the Montauk charter and commercial guys for years.  theres no mystery behind what his motivations are

May we guess?

money.jpg

Bad day fishing is still much better than good day work.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a much closer look at the American Indian.
                                                                                     - Henry Ford-

1 hour ago, bobber said:

Was just re elected too btw

In a surprisingly close vote, given who was running against him.  Not what you would call a strong opposition candidate.

"I have always believed that outdoor writers who come out against fish and wildlife conservation are in the wrong business. To me, it makes as much sense golf writers coming out against grass.."  --  Ted Williams