Moo5e

Change to Regulations for Striped Bass Fishing in the Block Island Transit Zone

Rate this topic

129 posts in this topic

just added mine.

thanks for posting the link   (theres someone else on here looking to get involved-  I'll refer them to this thread)

Nick F likes this

3 hours ago, bobber said:

just added mine.

thanks for posting the link   (theres someone else on here looking to get involved-  I'll refer them to this thread)

Thanks bobber, send them this way. Tell your buddies!

Posted (edited) · Report post

11 hours ago, Popasilov said:

We are now at 539 comments so far.

Still very little.

If anybody is a member at any other site , please post this link to appropriate forum.

https://www.regulations.gov/docket?D=NOAA-NMFS-2018-0106

Hi,

We are only at 320 comments per the NOAA website. Please also consider sharing this on whatever social media platform you use.

I was wrong! 539, looking for 1000+!

Thanks!

Edited by Moo5e
Nick F likes this

6 mins ago, JoeGBreezy said:

Just added mine. How long does it take for a post to show up. Seems like there is a delay ?

It takes a day or so, they are reviewed before being posted. No profanity is allowed 

Keep those posts clean everyone!

Nick F likes this

Sent a comment the other day. Seeing lots of folks post about this on IG, so hopefully it'll get some real traction. It'll be a real shame if apathy from fishermen ends up being bigger than a concern for conservation. 

Moo5e and TheKnot like this

On 10/18/2018 at 6:31 PM, stripedbassking said:

Bump, this is very important, once this happens there’s NO going back! Please let your voice be heard!

Thanks! This is the first step down a very slippery slope. Once this area is opened it will only be a matter of time before the entire EEZ is under attack.

2 hours ago, Moo5e said:

Thanks! This is the first step down a very slippery slope. Once this area is opened it will only be a matter of time before the entire EEZ is under attack.

And there are already plans to look at opening the whole thing once the stock assessment is released early next year.

7 mins ago, CWitek said:

And there are already plans to look at opening the whole thing once the stock assessment is released early next year.

That's a shame. I hope that the amount of comments opposing this change helps send a message to regulators. Hoping to get the number well over 1000.