TimS

Personal off topic crap - a retrospective look as we moved towards zero tolerance again

Rate this topic

56 posts in this topic

First, starting immediately - as in this afternoon - personal, off topic crap will result in your removal from this forum. If you have been removed previously for personal, off topic crap you won't get a warning - this thread combined with your previous removal shall be considered your warning.  That means your posts need to be about the TOPIC and not about the PERSON to whom you are responding.  It's a very simple thing to figure out - when you read back what you have written - identify the subject of your post. If the subject is the PERSON to whom you are responding do not post it. If the subject of your post is the topic being discussed, feel free to post it.

Interestingly enough, while looking for a thread to lock to the top discussing this topic I found that going all the way back to 2007 it seems like every TWO years we need to have this discussion. That seems reasonable considering the addition of folks that haven't see this thread at the top of the forum. So I'm going to link to some of the previous discussions so folks can understand what this means. There's been lots of discussion in the threads I'm gonna link - if you still have specific questions as to what is and isn't going to be allowed, feel free to respond to this thread. Thank you for your anticipate cooperation :th:

TimS

6 mins ago, Mr. Bigdeal said:

Ya mean no more name calling......geeezz.

I read that to say we can namecall as long as we are on topic.   As in "XXX is an ignorant moran that cant comprehend the fact that....."

I mean, if its true and we're on point, where is the liability?

1 min ago, makorider said:

I read that to say we can namecall as long as we are on topic.   As in "XXX is an ignorant moran that cant comprehend the fact that....."

That could well be taken as an insult if your family name is Moran.

Fishy Fisher likes this

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 mins ago, zybathegeek said:

That could well be taken as an insult if your family name is Moran.

This papal decree is a minefield

Edited by makorider

5 mins ago, makorider said:

Point of order: just because something is true doesn't mean it's ok to post it here :read:

Just like how we don't allow people to call folks who are obviously stupid "stupid".  Keep your posts on topic - NOT about the person :read:

TimS

4 mins ago, TimS said:

Just like how we don't allow people to call folks who are obviously stupid "stupid". 

Well, there goes the post I had in mind... 

Foiled once again ;)

Posted (edited) · Report post

9 mins ago, TimS said:

Point of order: just because something is true doesn't mean it's ok to post it here :read:

Just like how we don't allow people to call folks who are obviously stupid "stupid".  Keep your posts on topic - NOT about the person :read:

TimS

Can we allude?

Like instead of saying they are stupid, can we say they are as thick as two short planks, or just they are thick?

How about 'developmentally challenged'

Edited by zybathegeek

21 mins ago, dena said:

Is there a question up for discussion in this thread?

This isn't a discussion thread per se, it's a warning that the rules are being enforced more strictly and an offer to discuss questions relevant to the enforcement of said rules :)

TimS