6.5 mm. Creedmore

Rate this topic

BrianBM

The Army has issued contracts for the production of a variety of carbines and machine guns so chambered.  I think that SOCOM was trying it, awhile ago; I don't know if it ever really went into wide use.

What's the Forum experience of the 6.5 mm. Creedmore?

This thread needs JimP in it. Someone tell him to stop staring forlornly at his poster of Gloria Allred and tell us what the military's experience has been of the 6.5 cartridge - if, in fact, it ever went into service. 

Whopper Bubba, My understanding is that the 6.5 Creedmore was created as a round for long range target shooting. It may its' way into field use.  How well does it perform as a hunting round?  (I think a 6.5 Swedish round is popular in Europe, don't know how well it does here.)  Does it do anything discernably better, as a hunting rifle, then the .257 Roberts, or the various 7mm chamberings? 

I've got an AR in 6.5 grendel. I Put a Basic scope on it and it's a shooter. Have only had to 200 yards in a few range trips. Not many ranges in South Jersey that go beyond 300.  Lol. 

I'm not a reloader so not sure if I'll hold on to it. Bought on impulse and the price was too good to pass.  Lol.  

Can't hunt anything in Jersey with it. Just Killin paper for now. 

Friend of mine has the Ruger bolt gun in creedmore and it's a tack driver for sure. Already told him if I hunt pa or somewhere where I can use a rifle...I'm taking his. Lol. 

23 mins ago, fishweewee said:

i was shooting a 6.5 grendel this weekend (not mine).  buddy had set up an AR with a LPVO with his own precision handloads.  it was easily shooting 1/2 inch groups at 100 yds.   

Yeah from what I've read and seen they are extremely accurate. 

Just boggles my brain that a semi auto gun with a 16" barrel can hit a baseball at 300 yards. Easily. 

I am not one to express the magnificence  of any one caliber over another, especially for hunting. Anything from 243 to 338 can have nice words spoken about it. I don't see anything negative about the 6.5 Creedmore. My hunting guns are in .243, 338/378 W'by, and 375 H&H. That is quite a variation and each has its plusses. There are dozens of good calibers. If you have a rare caliber, better have lots of ammo.

Here’s my 6.5 Creedmoor, I take it out to 1200 yd at a local range

Built on Tikka T3 tac action, 26” heavy varmint Bartlein 1:8 twist barrel, Cadex Light Strike chassis, Kahles 6-24 glass

i reload my ammo, 41.60 grains of RL16, Hornady 147gr VLD Match projectiles, Lapua brass, CCI BR4 small primers

its a very accurate 1/2 moa rifle, 1/4 moa if I get lucky and do my part

A4E72891-BA3E-45E7-862E-68F2130C37CF.jpeg

1BB68138-21CB-4E1F-9E43-49BE1AE5710B.jpeg

04FC65C7-CA13-4C22-BA8B-4CD3C8DEB722.jpeg

Edited by quest450

Does not play or fish well with others.