Esoxhunter

ok I got a story to tell

21 posts in this topic

^^ yup... That's cool Dave. 

I got dumped one year and upgraded  line capacity and gear for a dedicated toothy outfit. It's so fun, havnt  caught a bull yet though. A friends dad has photos from a group of old school AI fishermen.... Guessing 60's/70's.....Dave, Allen or some of the highly experience/knowledgable old school regulars might know more about this(?).....Fighting chairs bolted to truck beds and Hammerheads, Bulls and Threahers on the beach. Obviously all the usually caught species where there too, but the photos highlighted the rarer catches over the years, film was expensive I imagine

Edited by h2oboss
1 person likes this

The biggest sandbar I've had on was a couple years ago. A long fight! Finally broke off in the wash I estimate it to be 7'. I thought it was gonna spool me but I turned it. This one a couple days ago was an entirely different critter! 

I did pick up a 6' sandbar a bit before  the big critter came by. Sharks kicked my ass all day Wednesday, kept thinking there had to be a red mixed in there somewhere but nope. I did get a red at the top of the high tide night before.

DSCN0979.JPG

1 person likes this

When those SB's get long they start to get some serious shoulders on them. I think my largest might push high 6' range  but never tangled with a 7' +.although I have an open invitation. Sand tigers are like pigs with teeth. 

SB's were very good eating too, albeit regs changed... But I'm fine with conserving the fishery. 

I know they caught an decent sized bull at 3r's about 10 years ago, thinking it was about 8'.

Edited by h2oboss

57 mins ago, h2oboss said:

Dave, Allen or some of the highly experience/knowledgable old school regulars might know more about this(?).....Fighting chairs bolted to truck beds and Hammerheads, Bulls and Threahers on the beach. Obviously all the usually caught species where there too, but the photos highlighted the rarer catches over the years, film was expensive I imagine

Picture from Ron's photo's..

No caption

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, 7nBait said:

Picture from Ron's photo's..

No caption

What a set up!  They're ready for anything that comes down the beach.