chunk

USA vs Columbia Tonight

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

The rise of soccer in America will trend with its decline as a nation. Who likes soccer? Brown people and/or homos. 

:witty:

and probably true.

Edited by Jettyhound

There was a study about pro soccer players and their ability to relate to most people.  They're not big muscular guys, they're not 7' tall, they're not covered up with protective equipment, so it's easier for young kids to follow and emulate individual players.  It's one of the few sports where fans root for individual players as much as teams.  

35 mins ago, Jettyhound said:

:witty:

and probably true.

Brown people like me and the rest of the world behind me.  Oh yea and the rising youth of america including some not so brown people...the ignorance is pitiful at best...

Don't hold your breath waiting for soccer to over take baseball wrt popularity.  Its not gonna happen.  Never in the tri state area.  Maybe some small pockets of soccer fans due to demographics.  We'll revisit in about 100 years.

Just now, Fly By Nite said:

Don't hold your breath waiting for soccer to over take baseball wrt popularity.  Its not gonna happen.  Never in the tri state area.  Maybe some small pockets of soccer fans due to demographics.  We'll revisit in about 100 years.

Gonna happen with the rise of non existant parents.  

4 mins ago, Fly By Nite said:

Lived in voorhees nj for a while.  Familiar?  Demographics,upper middle class caucasian township.  Great baseball program, great football program, great soccer program.  Soccer is over-taking the township.  Parents dont have the time to spend with kids catching and/or hitting a baseball.  Soccer?  Run fast and kick the ball its simple enough.  

3 mins ago, igomez said:

Lived in voorhees nj for a while.  Familiar?  Demographics,upper middle class caucasian township.  Great baseball program, great football program, great soccer program.  Soccer is over-taking the township.  Parents dont have the time to spend with kids catching and/or hitting a baseball.  Soccer?  Run fast and kick the ball its simple enough.  

Makes sense. And then the parents are off having their free time without the kids. Prolly getting doped up. 

1 min ago, chunk said:

Makes sense. And then the parents are off having their free time without the kids. Prolly getting doped up. 

Ohhh.  Just seen that episode on cops.  Lol...I thought we were blaming the little brown people...

I'm in Princeton- all kids on his team are non-brown, interestingly enough.  There are all kids who would have played football who are now playing soccer instead. 

3 hours ago, Heron25 said:

I'm in Princeton- all kids on his team are non-brown, interestingly enough.  There are all kids who would have played football who are now playing soccer instead. 

It’s easy to play. All you really need is a ball