chunk

USA vs Columbia Tonight

Rate this topic

45 posts in this topic

6 mins ago, Chunkah said:

Men's US soccer is ****. Not worth watching.

yep, they suck as bad as man united this year.

As I recall Dingy really likes soccer, mens soccer, preferably european.  Im sure he have some excellent input on tonights game.    :laugh:

12 hours ago, chunk said:

...for no reason...

Not for no reason.  Really, nobody cares.  People care mainly about football and baseball.  Fox was preempting his show because they need to appease a national audience. They would pull him off for womens field hockey.

On 10/12/2018 at 8:12 AM, Fly By Nite said:

Not for no reason.  Really, nobody cares.  People care mainly about football and baseball.  Fox was preempting his show because they need to appease a national audience. They would pull him off for womens field hockey.

I will say it.  Soccer is getting fixed to take over baseball as a spring sport.  Too many young little leaguers are walking away from the game and turning to something easier like soccer/lacrosse.  If more dads would get off their a** and spend some quality time with their kids out back catching a baseball that would change...my kid is currently playing in collegiate showcases as a high school freshman.  We are a baseball committed family who plays soccer as a second sport.  Can't get enough cardio.

4 hours ago, igomez said:

I will say it.  Soccer is getting fixed to take over baseball as a spring sport.  Too many young little leaguers are walking away from the game and turning to something easier like soccer/lacrosse.  If more dads would get off their a** and spend some quality time with their kids out back catching a baseball that would change...my kid is currently playing in collegiate showcases as a high school freshman.  We are a baseball committed family who plays soccer as a second sport.  Can't get enough cardio.

people have been saying this since i was a kid and that was 30 years ago.  now i have kids and people are still saying it.  it will never happen, and i say that as someone who actually likes watching soccer.

4 hours ago, igomez said:

I played a ton of baseball, was my spring sport growing up.  My son plays Lax in the spring.  No way in hell that it's easier.  I'd say that Lax actually requires athleticism and there's contact. Wish we had it in my town growing up, would have been a much better compliment to FB.  

As for the growth of soccer, think it's a few things.  The culture of it is very inclusive, a lot of modern parents like that.  There is this premise that it is a "safe" sport, which is BS, injuries just like any other sport.  The top tier professional soccer is accessible via TV, online/streaming, video games, etc, never was in the past.  Put that together with the fact that parents are frightened of FB in the fall, and kids who are surrounded by fast moving technology all day have no interest in slow & mundane BB in the spring.

8 hours ago, igomez said:

Ain't nuthin' in sports more difficult to do than hit a moving round ball with a round stick.