BrianBM

Fake News in the N.Y. Times

46 posts in this topic

President Trump hates the media, except for Fox and perhaps Infowars.  He frequently accuses them of publishing Fake News. The "failing" New York Times is at the very top of his most-hated list.

For those here who are Trump devotees, a question. 

In your view, what's the single worst Fake News story that the Times has published?

11 mins ago, BrianBM said:

In your view, what's the single worst Fake News story that the Times has published?

Hillary is going to win big.    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

2 people like this

Not fake. Just wrong. 

I'm looking for those incredible lies about President Trump that he keeps talking about, you know, the size of the inauguration crowd on the National Mall, the vicious story about meeting Russians for dirt on Hillary - stuff like that. 

Benghazi attack was caused by a youtube video.... 

NYT: Captured Suspect Said Benghazi Attack Was Revenge For Anti-Islam Video

mideast-libya-us-1024x683-d41d8cd.jpg
ASSOCIATED PRESS
By
June 17, 2014 6:36 pm

Ahmed Abu Khatallah, the suspect captured by U.S. special forces on Tuesday for his role in the 2012 Benghazi attack, reportedly said he was motivated in part by the anti-Islam online video made in America, according to the New York Times.

“What he did in the period just before the attack has remained unclear. But Mr. Abu Khattala told other Libyans in private conversations during the night of the attack that he was moved to attack the diplomatic mission to take revenge for an insult to Islam in an American-made online video,” Times reporter David Kirkpatrick wrote in a story on Khattala on Tuesday.

Immediately following the attack, Khattala declined to say whether the video had anything to do with his role in the Benghazi attack, according to the Times.

The New York Times reported in December that the attack was fueled in part by the anti-Islam video, but did not link Khattala to the video in that investigation.

The scandal surrounding the Obama administration’s response to Benghazi was centered on whether or not the attack was related to protests surrounding the video.

Edited by J

9 mins ago, J said:

Benghazi attack was caused by a youtube video.... 

That’s reporting what administration officials said and not fake news.

42 mins ago, BrianBM said:

Who knows and who cares? I haven't read the ny slimes in decades since I realized it was fake news. I used to read it on the subway. You know, before all these electronic gizmos. I couldn't wait to get an iPod so I wouldn't be reliant on fake news to keep the subway stir crazy away. The only difference between decades ago and now is someone coined the very fitting term fake news. I used to call it all the news that's fit to line a bird cage. But I like fake news better. I say it's all equally fake news, but some fake news is more equal than other fake news. 

They reported it, didn't they? :hooked:

Funny, Dude gives them a pass for not fact checking the lies from the Obama Administration :laugh:

Edited by J

1 min ago, The Dude said:

That’s reporting what administration officials said and not fake news.

It's funny how you say that so unironically, as if it hasn't been proven over and over that they collude with their lying talking points. 

Its also how they report the news.

Stuff that goes with their narrative and they want want to pimp goes on page 1.

Counter narrative stuff gets buried.

10 mins ago, J said:

They reported it, didn't they? :hooked:

Funny, Dude gives them a pass for not fact checking the lies from the Obama Administration :laugh:

How does one outside of the CIA fact check the video claim in the days after the attack?