MattG1205

Jetty Googans

34 posts in this topic

Fishing a pocket from the surf...googan decides to walk out on the jetty a little and start casting across me into the same pocket

Result....2 tangles...he leaves. Next googan steps up....same spot....same result...except this time ...have to cut lines and re tie...smh

Or when you’re fishing a spot next to a jetty and a surfer decides to paddle out right where you’ve been casting. 

2 people like this

or when your surfing and some fisherman starts casting where you've been surfing.  It goes on and on.

1 person likes this

12 mins ago, scooleen74 said:

or when your surfing and some fisherman starts casting where you've been surfing.  It goes on and on.

It’s the circle of life.

16 mins ago, Jdeadman66 said:

Or when you’re fishing a spot next to a jetty and a surfer decides to paddle out right where you’ve been casting. 

or a jerk dog owner plays fetch with their dog. That I will never understand.

Other side of the coin, it’s awesome when a group knows what they are doing and can all fish in concert.  Then, assuming googan will listen, they can pretty much get it down in an hour and know what they are doing from there on out. 

1 person likes this

Just now, HugeDinghy said:

Other side of the coin, it’s awesome when a group knows what they are doing and can all fish in concert.  Then, assuming googan will listen, they can pretty much get it down in an hour and know what they are doing from there on out. 

Runaway bluefish look out!

6 mins ago, Reed422 said:

or a jerk dog owner plays fetch with their dog. That I will never understand.

Well they expect you to stop and wait. I was surfing some 2 foot summer garbage once in a longboard with no leash. Board got away and this lady is standing there watching it come for a hundred feet. The board was moving really slow and she just watched it coming along without reacting. It very gently touched her shin. She starts freaking out yelling at me that she’s got kids in the water and how dare I endanger swimmers. I calmly pointed out that it was a surfing only beach, and pointed out multiple signs. She shut right up.

4 mins ago, Jdeadman66 said:

Well they expect you to stop and wait. I was surfing some 2 foot summer garbage once in a longboard with no leash. Board got away and this lady is standing there watching it come for a hundred feet. The board was moving really slow and she just watched it coming along without reacting. It very gently touched her shin. She starts freaking out yelling at me that she’s got kids in the water and how dare I endanger swimmers. I calmly pointed out that it was a surfing only beach, and pointed out multiple signs. She shut right up.

You should have just said you were sorry and that you would see her on the following tuesday.

13 mins ago, HugeDinghy said:

Flip side of that is when the majority clog up the jetty catching schoolies blocking a different presentation for a better fish.

The large group of googans  is a unicorn up here unless we get a flood of jersey/ ny guys. 

8 hours ago, woodbutcher said:

I found out that with a mojo you can cast a yorkie.

Ah yes, but a black hole can cast a great dane.

2 people like this

24 mins ago, looney tunes said:

Ah yes, but a black hole can cast a great dane.

Yea, but you need a VS to do it and I'm a Shimano man.

1 person likes this