MikedNJ

New spinfisher handle upgrade

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone. I saw some posts asking if the slammer knob will fit on this...

heres your answer.

ball knob is a game changer. I have a feeling I’m really going to love this little reel. 

Shoutout to Frank (greenmachine) for putting this together and spooling it up for me. 

2897E9DC-6954-4154-9A79-5CB475339E49.jpeg

15F08C18-D497-4913-84E3-62DD639CA1AB.jpeg

Edited by MikedNJ
1 person likes this

I think the 4500 is a good size. Lots of power and I ended up with a ton of 20lb sufix on it

I just put together my own Slammer III handled Frankenstein reel paired with an old slammer 360.  I love the bigger knob.  I bought the whole handle assembly to put on my spinfisher V.  The threads do not match up directly, so I figured out that you can take the handle apart with the single screw at the "ball" (if that makes sense) and interchange it with almost any of the penn reels.

35 mins ago, Googan Sharpie said:

I just put together my own Slammer III handled Frankenstein reel paired with an old slammer 360.  I love the bigger knob.  I bought the whole handle assembly to put on my spinfisher V.  The threads do not match up directly, so I figured out that you can take the handle apart with the single screw at the "ball" (if that makes sense) and interchange it with almost any of the penn reels.

I didn’t do the swap

myself. Maybe frank can comment if he sees this. From what I gather he called some charter capt friends from the keys who have had the spinfisher all summer to ask about interchangeability. He ordered the whole handle from the slammer 3 and it was a direct screw in. 

On 10/11/2018 at 11:19 AM, MikedNJ said:

Hey everyone. I saw some posts asking if the slammer knob will fit on this...

heres your answer.

ball knob is a game changer. I have a feeling I’m really going to love this little reel. 

Shoutout to Frank (greenmachine) for putting this together and spooling it up for me. 

2897E9DC-6954-4154-9A79-5CB475339E49.jpeg

15F08C18-D497-4913-84E3-62DD639CA1AB.jpeg

Put some line on that reel would ya.  :)

Yours looks like mine after  I hung up on structure 70 yards out and broke off at the reel.  (out of curiosity i google earthed the distance to the snag)

On the bright side.  I couldn't come within 40' of said structure for the rest of the night due to lack of line.

1 min ago, scoobydoo said:

Put some line on that reel would ya.  :)

Yours looks like mine after  I hung up on structure 70 yards out and broke off at the reel.  (out of curiosity i google earthed the distance to the snag)

On the bright side.  I couldn't come within 40' of said structure for the rest of the night due to lack of line.

Hey take it up with greenmachine lol he’s in charge of my equipment. I just fish it lol

14 hours ago, CrappieAttitude said:

This only works on the Spinfisher VI - not the V - correct?  Thx

it will work on the V if you swap out the handles at this point.  

Slammer handle.JPG

3 hours ago, ThirstyOwl III said:

Can the knob only be swapped between VI and slammer 3?

Can’t confirm the knob but I ordered the entire handle assembly for this to work. 

43 mins ago, MikedNJ said:

Can’t confirm the knob but I ordered the entire handle assembly for this to work. 

What was the price? Did you order direct from Penn? Thanks