Goldy

Slipped Albright Knot with powerpro superslick

24 posts in this topic

Guys.. thanks for the tips, i retied last night.  paid closer attention to my wraps.. I was in a blitz this morning for an hour, bass up to 11lbs and no issues with knot... 

So we are good!  thx

The reverse Albright I developed for PP line company many years ago , the key to this knot being 100% is for ing it off a 25 turn binmini in your braid ! The mono is always laid over the braid since it digs into the braid . This knot if formed off a Bimini loop will knot fail . I fill i gaps with k ot sense glue ! 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Capt. Lou said:

The reverse Albright I developed for PP line company many years ago , the key to this knot being 100% is for ing it off a 25 turn binmini in your braid ! The mono is always laid over the braid since it digs into the braid . This knot if formed off a Bimini loop will knot fail . I fill i gaps with k ot sense glue ! 

Is this the same knot that goes by the name of No-Name knot, Yucatan knot, and Worm knot? If so I can attest for the strength of it, though I only use it in 30 lb. leaders and greater.

Edited by NPV

Maybe don't who calls a knot what but if these knots were similarly done and the braid is under the mono and they are tied off a double line probably sesame idea .

in any event the original knot is easy and fast , can be completed in a matter of seconds ! 

On 10/11/2018 at 9:30 AM, scoobydoo said:

I know two years ago I had a stint of 4 knots that slipped 2 before fishing them and two after.

And then a bunch I couldn't cinch down......

I replaced my leader spool and it never happened again.  (it was an old 60lb wrist spool that had been submerged over and over again.  over the course of a pair of seasons)

I made the mistake of tying a polomar knot last night in 40lb off a pr knot....got hung up at the end of my cast and broke off a the reel.  On a positive note......I didn't have to worry about hanging up on the structure again...since i couldn't reach it.  :)    

Yep. Never use a true 90-100% line to leader knot IF the leader is stronger than the main line for fishing from shore. Main line breaking well away from the 90-100% line to leader knot when snagged is the reason. Had that problem with 95% FG knot strength in super thin Gliss and Nanofil. I had to use a weaker leader or use a 60% loop knot at the lure to ensure my break off will be at the lure. 

On 10/12/2018 at 0:09 PM, Capt. Lou said:

Yep, Bimini to Yucatan is often just as good or superior to FG in knot strength for braids that are 50 lbs and up.

True 100% line to leader knot AT the Yucatan part and could be made 100% overall IF the Bimini is 100%.

Most 25-30 turns Bimini average 60 to 80% in braid which is good considering that FG knot in 50 lbs braid and up is 65-70%.

On 10/11/2018 at 7:24 AM, Goldy said:

After about 3 hours of fishing the other night and no hook-ups (****** night), I noticed my hydro minnow floating next to me, and realize my albright knot slipped... Now I don't want to get into a huge FG vs albright vs uni-uni know discussion, im just curious if others using powerpro superslick have had albright slip out on them.  It looked like a clean slip, but i'm not sure why, 10 wraps down, overlap backup, and cinch.. Wierd... I usually use uni-uni, but I was like ok, let's do this today, so i'm just curious...

Thoughts?

question was for Albright, but your tie sounds like Alberto.