FEW3

Where th $@#%& did I put my bag down

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

23 mins ago, R.R. Bridge Fisher said:

A good reminder to put your name and cell number on your bag. I stole a small luggage tag from a bag in my attic and tie wrapped it on my bag. 

By some lucky chance an honest person finds it they can at least contact you. 

I leave a laminated copy of my MA SW Permit (with my phone # written on it) in my surf bag, my FF bags, my glove box in two vehicles, my backpack and in my wallet.

Edited by Southcoastphil

I never forgot or left my bag anywhere, but it didn’t take long to realize I didn’t need 15 pounds of gear. I started using the tall aquaskinz 3-tube bag, which I put right on my wading belt. I could easily carry a half dozen plugs, a few jigs/tins, a couple bags of soft plastics, and a small watertight case for my hooks, swivels, clips, etc. 

Bags should come with a GPS transmitting device that communicates with your smart phone. The phone sets off an alarm if the bag is left a certain distance from the phone (which is presumably in your pocket). Problem solved...as long as someone doesn't swipe the bag in the meantime.

1 hour ago, Seadogg said:

I never forgot or left my bag anywhere, but it didn’t take long to realize I didn’t need 15 pounds of gear. I started using the tall aquaskinz 3-tube bag, which I put right on my wading belt. I could easily carry a half dozen plugs, a few jigs/tins, a couple bags of soft plastics, and a small watertight case for my hooks, swivels, clips, etc. 

KISS

I'd love striper fishing to be as simple as trout -

One pocket sized box of lures. Clippers. 

I've been known to run the "ONE LURE" concept similar to the one fly contests flyfishermen know.

Leave the car with one lure tied on. Bring nothing else.

haven't "misplaced" my bag, but have had a few instances where it was further away than I remembered. Not a panic moment, just confusion as to how I could have been that far off.

I like the reflective tape idea.

As for leaving any kind of identification other than name and cell #, you might find yourself on the bad end of a visit from someone that might think you have gear he can steal and sell. Not saying it will happen, just that depending on where you fish and where you live, it may not be a wise choice.

Guess thats why i like mine on my belt, never set it down. I found a bag on a SoCo beach one morning after a night tide, it had survived the incoming, and was soaked. Gave me an eerie feeling, hoped no one had drowned. I moved it to slightly higher ground in ghe hopes the owner would come looking for it.

My friend was fishing the Vineyard Derby and put his shoulder bag down on the top of the beach behind him.  A while later the bag was gone.  He followed the drag marks and found that a racoon had dragged it up into the dune grass, carefully unzipped a side compartment and took off with a sandwich.  Clever little critters.