Fishjerk

Penn Spinfisher VI - Let the stampede begin

9 posts in this topic

FYI, The new Spinfishers are now showing as in stock at many of the major online retailers.

On your mark,

Get set,

Go!

Live liners?

Amazon had a few, but no LL.

bass pro shows them in stock, but is usually full of it with stock status

Posted (edited)

All of the models are up at walmart.

I just got one (4500LL) for 159.97 minus my wife's 10% discount. Probably the best deal you'll see on that reel for a while. Now I need something to go on it

Edited by Borsig

3 hours ago, Borsig said:

All of the models are up at walmart.

I just got one (4500LL) for 159.97 minus my wife's 10% discount. Probably the best deal you'll see on that reel for a while. Now I need something to go on it

I pre ordered mine for 140 I think

Wondering how these LL models will hold up. I use the last model almost exclusively because I got a good deal on them, but the water intrusion through the LL lever really sucks. Have to tear it down all the  time and I’ve had to replace a bunch of corroded parts on it. Looking to upgrade for next year 

16 mins ago, BillyBallGame said:

Wondering how these LL models will hold up. I use the last model almost exclusively because I got a good deal on them, but the water intrusion through the LL lever really sucks. Have to tear it down all the  time and I’ve had to replace a bunch of corroded parts on it. Looking to upgrade for next year 

I am almost certain that the model used in the much debated 'dunk test' video Penn released was a live liner. In and out of water for a day or two with no intrusion. People have beaten that claim to death from both sides already, but early opinions/reviews seem positive.

I’m gonna stick with my trusty old 704z. Over 20 years of service and it still does exactly what I need it to do.  

1 person likes this