DOW down 832 points, How does the left blame Trump for this?

Rate this topic

Gotcow?

10 hours ago, Fishy Fisher said:

CNN much? What kind of bafflegab is that? 

It's the bafflegab that when markets overheat it causes inflation. Inflation causes the Fed to raise interest rates to cool down the inflation and a recession follows. 

Back in the days of thd gold standard and no Fed, the boom bust cycle was far more extreme. Some people want to go back to the glory days.

stores decide out of the blue that milk is 20 dollars per gallon

people decide to stop buying milk

stores have a ****load of spoiled milk

before the next shipment, they drop it down to 4 dollars per gallon

all the milk sells before it spoils

inflation is "curbed"

"Ok, Eddy you were right" - minivin5
"Oddly enough, Eddy is right fairly often"- TimS

"Eddy is correct" - TomT

"Say what you will about Eh-ddy but he actually does know a few things." - The Commish

Gee, the market correcting a bit in October, after an historically long bull market run?  That's a shocker.

And, the Fed raising interest rates now, so they can lower them when things go south again.  Another shocker.  Never happened before.

Not sure why the Lefty's are upset.  After all, this only affects those rotten rich people right?

Fortunately, we have a pro here that has 8, no 16 monitors on his desk, with a  $10MM, no $20MM minimum investment level.  But we can get his investment advice free here.  We'll be fine.

10 mins ago, Maine Guide said:

Gee, the market correcting a bit in October, after an historically long bull market run?  That's a shocker.

And, the Fed raising interest rates now, so they can lower them when things go south again.  Another shocker.  Never happened before.

Not sure why the Lefty's are upset.  After all, this only affects those rotten rich people right?

Fortunately, we have a pro here that has 8, no 16 monitors on his desk, with a  $10MM, no $20MM minimum investment level.  But we can get his investment advice free here.  We'll be fine.

fishweewee?

"Eddy is correct" - TomT

"Say what you will about Eh-ddy but he actually does know a few things." - The Commish

45 mins ago, Gamakatsu said:

It's the bafflegab that when markets overheat it causes inflation. Inflation causes the Fed to raise interest rates to cool down the inflation and a recession follows. 

Back in the days of thd gold standard and no Fed, the boom bust cycle was far more extreme. Some people want to go back to the glory days.

^^^ everything ^^^ all of it - complete gibberish. So far from reality I can't even blame your fake news indoctrination since it doesn't even line up with the lies they spew about the fed and inflation. You're just making things up as you go along? Your history is wrong, your logic is wrong, your understanding of the markets is wrong, your understanding of the fed is wrong. All of it is just plain wrong. You're making connections where none exist. Bafflegab! Even your gay hero economist, Keynes, wouldn't spout that gibberish. 

Yes, Keynes was gay and childless, which explains his /r selected crackpot theories completely. 

i just want the government to stop picking winners and losers

if someone wants to charge an insane amount of money for their product and people don't want to pay that price therefore they don't buy that product, then let that person suffer.

"Eddy is correct" - TomT

13 hours ago, The Dude said:

In this thread: Trump Loyalists demonstrate their complete lack of economic and investing knowledge and try to deflect for Dear Leader.

If he owned it on the way up, he’s going to own it on the way down which is why it was always dumb for him to claim stock market performance as an accomplishment.

hafta agree... it bugs me when any prez takes credit for a good market... 

7 mins ago, jettyjockey18 said:

hafta agree... it bugs me when any prez takes credit for a good market... 

Yep, stupid as ****.  As for this latest sell off, I feel like the correction is overdue, but I am always in the bear camp.

I think this is very natural and Trump or Obama had nothing to do with it.

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

3 hours ago, JaseB said:

No economist would ever tell you keeping the Fed fund's rate at an abnormal low is a good or healthy thing.  It was the last arrow they had in the quiver before being out of ammo.

actually they would - because they had to, after the financial crisis (which was global) the velocity of circulation was very low, hence easy money did not lead to price inflation.

similar to Japan, which kept its rates low for 18 years in the 90's & 2000's until their similar situation unwound.

both scenarios were the same - twin asset bubbles in both stocks and real estate.

Yesterday was a good lesson in why pols should never ever control interest rates - they will move them or not move them to please the stock market and for political gain.

Disclaimer: the above may not represent the actual views of the writer, but may have been expressed sarcastically/ ironically with the sole intention of providing humour. That notwithstanding, the writer retains the right to be emotionally, psychologically or alcohol/substance impaired at the time of writing

(*member formerly known as 'guernseybass')

ELECTION of Trump had a lot to do with the last 2 year bull.

Trump personally... well in the sense that he began to create a business friendly environment, and mostly on his own against "resist" the whole time.  Perhaps more than any other Prez he took personal actions.

So I can't agree that Trump had nothing to do with the bull.

I won't tolerate your intolerance, because I hate hate.

In this thread: Trump Loyalists demonstrate their complete lack of economic and investing knowledge and try to deflect for Dear Leader.

If he owned it on the way up, he’s going to own it on the way down which is why it was always dumb for him to claim stock market performance as an accomplishment.

LOL.... tell me more!!! Someone will be held responsible for this unraveling of 0 interest and it won't be the one that actually was!

https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/pitfalls-federal-reserves-zero-interest-rate-policy

yep.

the blind being lead by the blind - hence, "TRADE IS BAD".

trump is such an idiot he prolly thinks  high inflation is good - "high prices are good, it means i sell stuff for more". :kook:

Disclaimer: the above may not represent the actual views of the writer, but may have been expressed sarcastically/ ironically with the sole intention of providing humour. That notwithstanding, the writer retains the right to be emotionally, psychologically or alcohol/substance impaired at the time of writing

5 mins ago, Aquacide said:

actually they would - because they had to, after the financial crisis (which was global) the velocity of circulation was very low, hence easy money did not lead to price inflation.

similar to Japan, which kept its rates low for 18 years in the 90's & 2000's until their similar situation unwound.

both scenarios were the same - twin asset bubbles in both stocks and real estate.

Yesterday was a good lesson in why pols should never ever control interest rates - they will move them or not move them to please the stock market and for political gain.

they didn't have to

"Eddy is correct" - TomT

3 mins ago, hamlet said:

ELECTION of Trump had a lot to do with the last 2 year bull.

Trump personally... well in the sense that he began to create a business friendly environment, and mostly on his own against "resist" the whole time.  Perhaps more than any other Prez he took personal actions.

So I can't agree that Trump had nothing to do with the bull.

the only material thing he has done for the Economy is cut corporate taxes and pay for it with borrowed money - the spending deficit is $200bn a month and is back to the 2008 level.

so trump owns the Economy since that tax cut and the stock market in some sense.

he's a borrow and spend Liberal, just like Reagan and W.