tomkaz

LOOKS LIKE DEMS’ TREATMENT OF KAVANAUGH IS THEIR BIGGEST NARRATIVE TORPEDO YET.

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Executive Summary: New Rasmussen poll shows Republicans more likely to vote than Dems because of the Dems’ treatment of Kavanugh and the generic preference has become a tie.

OK, the resignation of the UN ambassador and the landfall of a major storm are newsworthy, but it seems to me that the Resistance Media has very quickly dropped the Kavanaugh aftermath from the top of the news, why? 

Maybe because the post-hearing polling is not showing anything positive for the Media to feel good about. After all of their efforts, breathless reporting and faux outrage, they have gotten exactly nothing out of it. They made already angry women and menimists angrier but that only helps in competitive districts where there are far fewer of these aggrieved souls.

But, the real impact, at the margin, and unexpected by the coastal elites, is their impact on Republicans and Independents, especially women. When you don’t know or live with such people, it is easy for progressives to believe that woman vote as a bloc, are a monolith and would all be properly outraged by the GOP and vote against them or stay at home and not vote.

EXCEPT ALL OF THE POST-HEARING POLLING HAS SHOWN THOSE BELIEFS TO BE OVERBLOWN, IF NOT TOTALLY FALSE. 

It is showing up in generic ballots, some head-to-head races and, very specifically, in polls like this one from Rasmussen. Not only did the Dems’ behavior with Kavanaugh not have a Dem-enhancing real-world impact on voters in competitive districts, it had the opposite effect of uniting and energizing GOP voters and right-of-center independents. 

As I mentioned a week or more ago, this may be the biggest and most impactful of the many narrative torpedoes that the Dem/Libs/Media have launched but only came back on themselves. Is it any wonder that the Mika and others are suggesting it is time to move on and talk about policies, etc. Except, it is too late as early voting is already starting and people’s memories will last for the next month. BTW, last night on MSNBC they were trying to figure out if right-of-center outrage over the treatment of Kavanuagh could “last until Election Day a month from now”. Seriously, once again, the libs in the Media seem to think that voters are as short-sighted as they are.

Survey Says Republicans Are Madder and More Likely to Vote Than Dems

Rasmussen poll may mean the 2018 midterm election will be a real downer of a day for those counting on a blue wave

Republican voters are madder about the treatment of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh during his Senate confirmation process and are more likely to vote in November than Democrats, according to a new national survey.

Sixty-two percent of Republicans are more likely to vote because of the Kavanaugh controversy, compared to 54 percent of Democrats and 46 percent of voters not affiliated with either major political party,” Rasmussen Reports said in making its results public Wednesday.

Rasmussen also said Wednesday that voters are now evenly split between Democrats and Republicans on the generic ballot for the November 6 voting, with each party drawing 45 percent support.

Democrats have led the generic ballot, which measures which party’s candidates a voter plans to support, all of 2018, often by double digits.

The results suggest the electorate paid close attention to the Kavanaugh confirmation and didn’t like what they saw, especially after three women claimed late in the 11th hour of his confirmation process that he sexually assaulted them during high school and college freshman drinking parties. None of the witnesses the women said would corroborate their claims did so, and Kavanaugh passionately denied the allegations.

Sixty-two percent of all voters are “angry” about the U.S. Senate’s treatment of Kavanaugh, with 42 percent who are “very angry.” Fifty-six percent are angry about how the Senate treated Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who accused Kavanaugh of sexual assault, including 35 percent who are very angry, Rasmussen said.

“Seventy-two percent of voters who are very angry about the treatment of Kavanaugh are more likely to vote in the upcoming elections.”

The survey of 1,000 likely voters interviewed October 7-8 has a 3 percent, plus or minus, margin of error. Surveys of likely voters are routinely more accurate barometers of Election Day outcomes than those of registered voters.

The survey produced almost no good news for Democrats, who earlier this year expected to benefit from historical trends that show the party of first-term presidents almost always lose congressional seats in the first midterm election after their inauguration.

Seventy-two percent of voters who are very angry about the treatment of Kavanaugh are more likely to vote in the upcoming elections. Among voters who are very angry about the treatment of Ford, 70 percent say they are more likely to vote,” the survey said.

“Just over half of both men and women say they are more likely to vote this fall because of the Kavanaugh controversy,” it also found.

“Interestingly, 40 percent of women are very angry about the treatment of both Kavanaugh and Ford. Men are much angrier about the treatment of Trump’s nominee.”

“The older the voter, the angrier they are about the treatment of both Kavanaugh and Ford, but those 40 and over are madder about how Kavanaugh was treated.”

Democrats keep forgetting that women are other women’s worst critics.  Not claiming to know a lot of women but the women I do know think Ford is a lying slut.  Even the democrat women I know say they’re going to be punishing the democrats in November.

Posted (edited) · Report post

There has also been a flurry of new Republican Voter Registrations before the deadline.

With the Schumer and Pelosi immigration fiasco, the BK fiasco, and the fact the Trump's favorability with Blacks has gone up to 35% it is not looking good for the Dims.

Edited by Jay Blair

Interesting that none of the resident liberals or NeverTrumpers want to refute these notions. Or offer some of the other polls out there suggesting something a bit different. 

1 hour ago, tomkaz said:

Interesting that none of the resident liberals or NeverTrumpers want to refute these notions. Or offer some of the other polls out there suggesting something a bit different. 

I think some of the Never Trumper's have seen the light.  The backstabbing of Kavanaugh with any witnesses, and thinking they could get away with it should

be a wake up call to the foot draggers.  Presidet Trump is a stand up guy, as were Sen. Susan Collins, Sen, Grassley and wonder of wonders Senator Graham's verbal beatdown with millions of people watching as he pointed out the nasty truth and warned everyone who is protected by Due Process.

The NT'ers should understand the danger the Dems are and get out ad get people to vote for the Republican/Conservative Cause. You will never like Trump, so do't let that cause you not to vote at all. It is a Vote for the US and us!

1 hour ago, tomkaz said:

Too much guessing at this point for me TomKaz.  I've lost some confidence in polling given some of misses in 2016.  Moreover, a month is a significant amount of time in any political landscape, let alone a Trump landscape.  Then there's wild cards like this storm that snuck up quick and is still moving across heavy Trump voter region.  How that's fielded could effect things.  

In short...too close for me to be making any strong predictions.

3 hours ago, Whopper Bubba said:

I am looking forward to viewing election night. I might even watch CNN and MSNBC to watch the crying.

dont-get-cocky-star-wars-GIF.gif

13 hours ago, Cayotica said:

Democrats keep forgetting that women are other women’s worst critics.  Not claiming to know a lot of women but the women I do know think Ford is a lying slut.  Even the democrat women I know say they’re going to be punishing the democrats in November.

But but but... the Slut Walk... slut is good.  Slut is modern and cool.  Slut is for everyone.  Slut is our moms, our daughters, our sisters and wives... only evil R's consider being a slut a baaaaaad thing

3 hours ago, hamlet said:

But but but... the Slut Walk... slut is good.  Slut is modern and cool.  Slut is for everyone.  Slut is our moms, our daughters, our sisters and wives... only evil R's consider being a slut a baaaaaad thing

ROFL

11 hours ago, MaxKatt said:

I've lost some confidence in polling given some of misses in 2016.

That's an understatement... I wonder what their excuse will be this time?

RealClearPolitics tracks all House races, here's their latest. Note the decline of the number of tossups, and the corresponding rise in the GOP's red line. 

D 205 v R 201

But 10 days ago, this was 206 v 189. What's happened in the last 10 days?

5bc29248ed7a6_ScreenShot2018-10-13at8_45_22PM.png.0b4fde6f942cbd3f6632aee7cc7e4aae.png

And in the Senate, RCP has the GOP picking up 2 seats. But I really disagree with their moving Florida to Gillum, that makes no sense at this stage. And New Jersey? 

5bc2937cd5c86_ScreenShot2018-10-13at8_51_47PM.png.be3b2ec59e971b4f27ae5c55e0f80317.png

5bc2937eae28b_ScreenShot2018-10-13at8_52_24PM.png.b9095e01b3c65c10819e396de7968062.png