Alexey

Longest-casting minnow-type lure

38 posts in this topic

On 10/10/2018 at 0:30 PM, Sheisty said:

For you I'd recommend the hydro minnow, or bomber long shot.

Hydro would be better as you wouldn't have to worry about getting caught up in the reef as much as the other minnow type plugs. But i'd really stress upgrading the terminal tackle.

I thought the Hydro's came with quality split rings and 3x hooks !.............No?

2 hours ago, yogiiiboy said:

I thought the Hydro's came with quality split rings and 3x hooks !.............No?

No. Matter fact HELL NO. I'm the guy that hardly if ever upgrades split rings and treble hooks, I usually only switch out to single hooks for blues.

I believe every Hyrdo I used that caught fish on with original split rings ended up missing a split right/hook this spring. I lucked up and fished with a few pro staffers this year, that had the same issues.

On 10/10/2018 at 5:12 PM, Stewie said:

Depleted uranium casts farther, but it makes your fingers hurt.

If iam not mistaken there is no I'll effect  once the Depelted uranium is put inside. The plastic will block the alpha  particles if I remember  correctly of why depleted uranium ammo rounds are painted blue in the Air force. Getting  it in would require  is another story 

Ummm.  If you're planning to use DU for jigs, and planning to use paint to control radiation ....  have your children first.  And buy the family a good life insurance policy; heavy metal in the bloodstream will do you no good, and you'll probably have to smelt it yourself. I don't think Dan Tinman offers jigs in depleted uranium. 

The Gaines Maverick is a thicker minnow profile, but an excellent casting shallow swimmer and a proven fish catcher.  

21 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Super striike little neck sinking popper a worthy mention no??

I sometimes fish a shallow bay spot where this is the only plug that will both reach the deeper parts and not get caught up in grass. The smallest version. 

On 10/10/2018 at 5:12 PM, Stewie said:

Depleted uranium casts farther, but it makes your fingers hurt.

Prefer enriched plutonium myself.