Alexey

Longest-casting minnow-type lure

38 posts in this topic

Super striike little neck sinking popper a worthy mention no??

Yozuri Hydro

Sp minnow

Bomber Long shot

Lucky craft flash pointer 190 (if i remember correctly)

Shimano Colt sniper

Savage gear somethin er other

Off the top of my head those are what i know of

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Yozuri Hydro

Sp minnow

Bomber Long shot

Shimano Colt sniper

savage gear manic prey is the one you are thinking of (i think)...hooked a nice tarpon on one this year

got my pb snook on a yozuri hydro this year

interested in the shimano colt. first i heard of it

edit: ok just looked up the shimano lure. looks about the same as the others, but who knows ? will give it a try..thks....these marketing people crack me up....Shimano's unique Propulsion Weight Transfer System ...thats some pretty fancy language for a ball bearing that rolls around and it aint unique

Edited by mark d

40 mins ago, mark d said:

savage gear manic prey is the one you are thinking of (i think)...hooked a nice tarpon on one this year

edit: ok just looked up the shimano lure. looks about the same as the others, but who knows ? will give it a try..thks....these marketing people crack me up....Shimano's unique Propulsion Weight Transfer System ...thats some pretty fancy language for a ball bearing that rolls around and it aint unique

Actually, shimano’s colt sniper Jerkbait weight transfer is pretty unique if you look at the details of it. It’s a spring loaded weight that is forced to the tail during the cast, then the spring forces it back after it lands so it doesn’t get stuck in the tail. Not sure if it really makes a difference, but is definately pretty unique. It’s also silent, no loose ball bearings to create a rattle. 

I’ve casted the SP and the hydro minnow side by side for hours one time and I’m not combined the hydro minnow casts further. I still like my SP minnow with upgraded hooks and rings. 

The DSP Bullet as you found, has no real action of it's own. Like many others have expressed, it's a needlefish plug. If you think of it that way you may come to like it....assuming you like needlefish plugs, that is.

Hydro minnows cast great and swim shallow. I've had good success with them in places I would normally fish a loaded redfin. Also, the colt sniper cast great, but i haven't fished them enough to comment on their ability to catch fish.

6 hours ago, mark d said:

As FJ mentioned the coltsniper has a snazzy spring weight.

I first used one of those style weight x fer systems in a freshwater bait years ago before they brought it over.

With their arc minnow.   Japanlureshop was blowing out 15$ shimano baits for 4$ and I think it was the best hawl i ever made...

The spring weight has a cool feel to it almost like loading the rod tip.   makes no distance vs the yozuri but its cool :)

Check out Roy Leyva on YT casting the Coltsniper. He hits 100yards with it. It is the 170 jerkbait.

Edited by scrapper

11 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Yozuri Hydro

Sp minnow

Bomber Long shot

Shimano Colt sniper

Sup scoob. Do you put single hooks on the colt snipers?

19 hours ago, BrianBM said:

Mercury.  Mercury? MERCURY????   You enemy of the environment, you. 

Ahhh, a little mercury never hurt anyone.

12 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Yozuri Hydro

Sp minnow

Bomber Long shot

Shimano Colt sniper

I am intrigued and curious, why the Rapala xrap long cast is not getting any love here?, Cost? Durability? Lack of a Mackerel or menhaden finish?, runs too deep? Single hooks? What gives?

Might want to check into Yo Zuri 

MAG minnow. It’s supposedly designed for superior casting. Has some sort of magnetic weight transfer system built in. Can hear it load up or click when casting. It flys....all I can say.