Capt.Castafly

RI Fish Report Blog. Oct. 10 - Oct 17

Rate this topic

63 posts in this topic

Art, Sam, and Tom (brothers) had quite a ride today with gale winds, but we did manage to hook three today, bring one over the rails. Mother nature was cooperative with fish sighting, but she refused to cooperate with the fly casting part. We did catch our share of stripers too.

P1010021.JPG

2 hours ago, turkaholic said:

Caught more skunk on Block this week.

Damn island has fish repellent in late fall.  Any bait out there Steve?

Keeper bass mid bay splashing around last night after work...saw one guy catch one as I missed on a few.  Went back to the same spot this morning and nothing but cold feet.  I was warm till I got out of the kayak and got my feet wet.

26 mins ago, splions said:

Keeper bass mid bay splashing around last night after work...saw one guy catch one as I missed on a few.  Went back to the same spot this morning and nothing but cold feet.  I was warm till I got out of the kayak and got my feet wet.

Same experience with me. Big blues and bass there a few weeks back. Now it is barren. Just a small pod of fish roaming quickly.

Been getting real nice bass bites at sunsets last few days starting right before the storms this past week. 16 pound bass from yesterday pictured, caught on wonderbread long bomber

20181016_185621.jpg

Still reports of decent numbers of Albies in the upper reaches of the bay. Looks to be blown out for a while. Might try Sunday if all works out.

23 mins ago, Kooky said:

Wanted to get out tonight, gonna be fishable with this wind??? its cranking in Prov now.

Already past central ma.

From hurricane to dead calm

Chased albies for a while today in the lower bay. Could not get one to bite. Caught a mixed bag of other fish (schoolie bass, blues, Black Sea bass scup). Nothing of any notable size but fish happily eating. Felt like fall. Found micro bonito everywhere. Especially in harbors. Not much of a fight but tasty as hell.

0C7BDA27-DE1A-4277-BDAE-E9ABE5536EB7.jpeg

75CB08B7-BAC0-497A-941B-F26A79D0174E.jpeg

3 hours ago, Kooky said:

Wanted to get out tonight, gonna be fishable with this wind??? its cranking in Prov now.

Had a bass in 20lb range pull out my split ring today, size is starting to look better but gotta up my gear