Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bstriping

Ocracoke Week of Oct 20-27

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

If anyone is thinking about a week trip or in need of a place to stay for a couple of nights, I have room for ya in a house I rented for that week. Shoot me a pm or we can hash it out here. 

If my work season ended a week earlier, I'd take you up on that.. Have fun and share some stories..

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sorry for the late report, But there really was not much to report. 1st part of the week, weather was too nice and the ocean was flat which produced nothing but summertime conditions with lots of pompano and black drum caught. With blues everywhere also. There was plenty of cobb mullet in the creeks, so bait was not an issue. We were livelining, chunking, and using  the heads but no reds.  Wasn't until friday, 10/26, that's when the nor easter blew through and FINALLY gave us the conditions we were looking for. Beach was inaccessable , at least where we wanted to get to. So got out late in the morning on Saturday and had to go through a little water still to get where we wanted to but it was worth it. As water was heaving in every direction with 6-8fters doing whatever they wanted. Water was extremely dirty, but plenty fishable.  After a couple casts, and a couple of blues caught using the mullet we netted my buddy and I split about 500ft apart and bam I was on. 24in pup. Dinner! !5mins later my buddy was on with a bull. Nice fat 42incher. I proceeded to get 2 more pups, released and tide was no longer in our favor so we called it a day till the night tide. And also, all the reds we caught that session were caught on bluefish heads or chunks. Since all this happened during daylight hours, we had high hopes for the night bite. But it just didn't materialize. Did end up catching 3 more pups and breaking off a couple of rays. My buddy left early Sunday so I was solo for my final session. Decided to go back to the mullet and got 3 more pups before having to finally leave and return to reality. Here's a couple pics of some of the fish we caught the last couple of days. Got at least 1 more trip down there this year.20181027_130740.jpg.e96fdb7969ec548ad1d6ac563cb6b4c2.jpg20181027_131835.jpg.1c34fb9e5f612d6b1187e6091ec24bf2.jpg20181027_171713.jpg.d0e192a9bb8cb44b3d9f16a759873668.jpg 

Edited by bstriping
ByronPA and Wheeler like this

16 hours ago, Retainer said:

Nice. Glad you finally found them. 

Felt even better to be fishing pain free. Next trip Veterans Day. Either 2 or 3 days, tbd:hooked:

Retainer likes this

Good stuff, been so dof on busy I missed it earlier. I'm heading down Sunday for a week. Monday looks nice, then it's strong North winds and rain every day .......... we'll see.

8 hours ago, ByronPA said:

Good stuff, been so dof on busy I missed it earlier. I'm heading down Sunday for a week. Monday looks nice, then it's strong North winds and rain every day .......... we'll see.

If I don't make the last ferry Saturday night, will be on 1st ferry Sunday morning

Posted (edited) · Report post

13 hours ago, bstriping said:

If I don't make the last ferry Saturday night, will be on 1st ferry Sunday morning

PM Sent

Edited by ByronPA