Stripers Forever & The Second Amendment

Rate this topic

surfsters

10 hours ago, KnewBee said:

I still cannot find ANY evidence of Yeti hiring lobbyist to remove the 2nd Amendment which was alluded to earlier.   From everything I can find, it is a hoax perpetrated by the NRA.  

Yeti is a private company, so no public press releases, no sales figures, and certainly no release of any lobbyist hirings.....

Tight Lines & Screaming Reels.

17 hours ago, KnewBee said:

I still cannot find ANY evidence of Yeti hiring lobbyist to remove the 2nd Amendment which was alluded to earlier.   From everything I can find, it is a hoax perpetrated by the NRA.  

For the purposes of this discussion we have to presume that, as the OP alludes, they have hired lobbyists to fight for tightening of firearm regulations. Removing 2A is hyperbole and was never stated - what was said is they "want to take away your 2nd Amendment rights". It doesn't say abolish 2A - it wouldn't require the removal of 2A to 'take away your' rights...they just need to infringe upon them to take them away. 

Saying you don't believe the NRA because they hire lobbyists while suggesting you do believe Yeti even though - for the purposes of this discussion as it's the entire premise of the OP that we are discussings - we assume they've hired lobbyists....you see how that's intellectually problematic, correct?

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

4 hours ago, TimS said:

For the purposes of this discussion we have to presume that, as the OP alludes, they have hired lobbyists to fight for tightening of firearm regulations. Removing 2A is hyperbole and was never stated - what was said is they "want to take away your 2nd Amendment rights". It doesn't say abolish 2A - it wouldn't require the removal of 2A to 'take away your' rights...they just need to infringe upon them to take them away. 

Saying you don't believe the NRA because they hire lobbyists while suggesting you do believe Yeti even though - for the purposes of this discussion as it's the entire premise of the OP that we are discussings - we assume they've hired lobbyists....you see how that's intellectually problematic, correct?

TimS

Correct.   But, I never said I believe Yeti or trust them or get behind them.   I am just saying that the attack on Yeti by the NRA and their members, was refuted by Yeti (as I posted their statement earlier) and I can't find anywhere Yeti "want to take away your 2nd amendment rights"  

Edited by KnewBee

2 hours ago, KnewBee said:

Correct.   But, I never said I believe Yeti or trust them or get behind them.   I am just saying that the attack on Yeti by the NRA and their members, was refuted by Yeti (as I posted their statement earlier) and I can't find anywhere Yeti "want to take away your 2nd amendment rights"  

You post does suggest you believe Yeti even though they presumably also hired lobbyists. You said NRA made a claim - and they can’t be trusted because they hired lobbyists - and Yeti refuted that claim and you believe them...even though they apparently hired lobbyists. If you didn’t believe EITHER of them,  that would be different :) 

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

11 mins ago, TimS said:

You post does suggest you believe Yeti even though they presumably also hired lobbyists. You said NRA made a claim - and they can’t be trusted because they hired lobbyists - and Yeti refuted that claim and you believe them...even though they apparently hired lobbyists. If you didn’t believe EITHER of them,  that would be different :) 

yeah, OK, don't believe either.  That said.   There is no substantiating evidence that Yeti has hired lobbyist to infringe on the 2nd.  There is evidence that the NRA has paid out serious money to lobby our government.  

Consider the disclosed $$$ WRT the NRA and lack of any info WRT Yeti,  I will "lean" toward Yeti being more trustworthy.  Money corrupts,  biggly.

Disclaimer:   I ain't an NRA member and I don't own a single Yeti product.   

KB

If you can find a copy of the NRA’s, April, Shooting Magazine and go to the Legislative Action section; you should find what you have been looking for. I would imagine that all of their publications from that approximate time period would also contain that information.