surfsters

Stripers Forever & The Second Amendment

Rate this topic

133 posts in this topic

Did you know that this organization that I held a lot of respect for is letting Yeti Coolers sponser their upcoming event. Yeti Coolers along with Dicks Sporting Goods wants to take away your Second Amendment Rights. What if anything do you have to say about this? Personally, I just sent an email expressing my thoughts about this matter. I hope that you will do the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 mins ago, 27conch said:

I would not say that this is entirely true about Yeti, least from what I have read.  Dicks stopped selling assault rifles and is lobbing for gun control.  Can you really blame them with all that has happened in this country recently?  What if it was your six year old that was gunned down at the Sandy Hook elementary school in CT?   

 

The Second Amendment was created so that the states could form militias or armies to destroy insurrections or slave rebellions because the federal government had no standing military for a long time. The Founding Fathers were frightened by a standing army, because they feared coups.

 

We as a society are a little past this, no?  Does anyone really need to own an assault rifle?  This is all about gun sales with the NRA.  God forbid they made a few less dollars and maybe saved some lives...

:laugh:

DoOver and jkrock like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Take it to the PG , a serious education awaits you. That being said you are misinformed as to the 2A , one of the reasons we have the RIGHT to bear arms is that the founding fathers realized that an unarmed population are not citizens , but subjects. A well armed population is a deterrent to tyrants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Quote

 

 

“It has come to our attention that Dick’s Sporting Goods recently hired lobbyists on Capitol Hill to promote additional gun control,” CEO Iver Mossberg wrote. “Make no mistake, Mossberg is a staunch supporter of the U.S. Constitution and our Second Amendment rights, and we fully disagree with Dick’s Sporting Goods’ recent anti-Second Amendment actions.”

 

 

Surfsters brings up a valid point if Yeti is doing the same thing Dicks Has done. It could also be a cost cutting move at Dicks because Gun sales only represents 10% of their 7.9 billion in sales.

 

Edited by The Riddler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 mins ago, surfsters said:

Did you know that this organization that I held a lot of respect for is letting Yeti Coolers sponser their upcoming event. Yeti Coolers along with Dicks Sporting Goods wants to take away your Second Amendment Rights. What if anything do you have to say about this? Personally, I just sent an email expressing my thoughts about this matter. I hope that you will do the same.

just a wee bit of a stretch there..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 mins ago, 27conch said:

The Second Amendment was created so that the states could form militias or armies to destroy insurrections or slave rebellions because the federal government had no standing military for a long time. The Founding Fathers were frightened by a standing army, because they feared coups.

 

 

You my friend require lessons in both History and Grammar. You should go back and first find the meaning of a comma and then re read 2A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 27conch said:

I would not say that this is entirely true about Yeti, least from what I have read.  Dicks stopped selling assault rifles and is lobbing for gun control.  Can you really blame them with all that has happened in this country recently?  What if it was your six year old that was gunned down at the Sandy Hook elementary school in CT?   

 

The Second Amendment was created so that the states could form militias or armies to destroy insurrections or slave rebellions because the federal government had no standing military for a long time. The Founding Fathers were frightened by a standing army, because they feared coups.

 

We as a society are a little past this, no?  Does anyone really need to own an assault rifle?  This is all about gun sales with the NRA.  God forbid they made a few less dollars and maybe saved some lives...

Zero logic, all emotion and opinion. Puke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pakalolo said:

 A well armed population was a deterrent to tyrants. 

 

FIFY.

 

an armed population had no chance against Franco's Stuka dive bombers and panzers.

 

the same would be likely true now with armed drones, laser guided missiles and F-35's (as long as they don't crash again).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What if it was your six year old that was gunned down at the Sandy Hook elementary school in CT?   

 

Then I would be sad for the rest of my life, angry at the moron that did it, angry at that moron's parents, angry at the school, angry at the world.  Probably wouldn't be angry at an inanimate metal object.  


How angry do you get at cars/bars/distillers every time a drunk driver kills someone?  Or a cell phone every time a distracted driver kills someone?  

surfsters and CT Stripes like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, 27conch said:

 

We as a society are a little past this, no?  Does anyone really need to own an assault rifle? 

27conch, I think most here won't support what you are writing. I would like to have the right to own an assault rifle...now if you want to take away a bumpski?  Fine but I have a belt loop, you want to ban belt loops too?

CT Stripes likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zero logic, all emotion and opinion. Puke .  You guys criticize things but offer nothing else?  We are looking into my grammar on a statement that was copied and pasted..Really that's what you are bringing to the table?  Can't even have a civil debate on an important topic.  You criticize Yeti and Dick's but do no research on  exactly where they stand, just only that the NRA has issues with them.  Like I said, go talk to the parents of those kids killed at Sandy Hook, CT.  You might feel differently.  Or maybe you don't care because it didn't happen to you?

 

I am not emotional about this at all.. It's not all opinion either, some of this is factual. I am not against people owning guns, but assault rifles, do we really need to be selling these and if so for what purpose exactly?  Should any citizen of this country be able to walk into a gun store and buy 500 magazines of ammo and an assault rifle without question and a really thorough back ground check?

So your stand is you want to collect enough guns and ammo at your home to protect against the next zombie Apocalypse.?  The second amendment was not created for this..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.