r111

Is the verdict in on '19 Outbacks ?

80 posts in this topic

3 mins ago, mmiller said:

Contact your dealer. They can order and have at their shop or we will drop ship direct to you at no charge.

What about the older Outbacks from 2015 and up that leak the same way

1 min ago, mmiller said:

We don't have a specific kit. Location and length of the material would be different. We may get that together though.

Front hatch  You can look at my older posts about this. When I called Hobie back in the day they deny it and said they knew nothing about it. Which I know for a fact that others were having the same problem and called also.  I believe since then Hobie fixed it with a similar gasket on the future models. Never heard back so I fixed it somewhat by myself 

We didn't deny it in my department. We know stuff happens. The factory worked hard to get the assembly process more consistent to solve that issue. Even the lids vary in thickness and the sealing surfaces can vary, so it is tough. We were recommending the seal used on the Pro Anglers flange if people had leak issues. This 2019 though required a different solution and a seal material that would conform to tighter bends.

9 mins ago, mmiller said:

We didn't deny it in my department. We know stuff happens. The factory worked hard to get the assembly process more consistent to solve that issue. Even the lids vary in thickness and the sealing surfaces can vary, so it is tough. We were recommending the seal used on the Pro Anglers flange if people had leak issues. This 2019 though required a different solution and a seal material that would conform to tighter bends.

Maybe not in your Dept but Hobie did deny it. Matter of fact you commented on my post in the ******** about my post. Like I said I brought it up back in the day June 21 2015 to be exact about it. I have outbacks for a number of yrs now and at the time I couldnt believe how Hobie treated me about this issue. I have 3 others we all bought the new models with the seat and new drives in 2015 and all had the same leaking front hatch. So like I said if there is a fix and you can help us that would be great and we would be very Thankfull

1 min ago, mmiller said:

I'll work on this with the engineers to see what will be needed.

Thank you and Ill have my friends get in touch  Thanks again

3 hours ago, mmiller said:

Contact your dealer. They can order and have at their shop or we will drop ship direct to you at no charge.

Thank you. I will do exactly that. 

My dealer called me today and took the liberty of ordering it for me. They are having it shipped direct. Can't beat that service..didn't even have to call them.

2 hours ago, Surfinator said:

My dealer called me today and took the liberty of ordering it for me. They are having it shipped direct. Can't beat that service..didn't even have to call them.

Sounds like Hobie is getting back to its roots

17 hours ago, Surfinator said:

Who's your dealer?

On 11/28/2018 at 7:20 PM, mmiller said:

I'll work on this with the engineers to see what will be needed.

Matt have there been any updates for the older Outbacks with the Leaking front Hatches?