r111

Is the verdict in on '19 Outbacks ?

80 posts in this topic

From what I saw on utubes, thing sits so low in the water.

On one hand, less area exposed to the wind, but they look like lots of water would be getting in when waves are around ?

Brilliant design on the inside, cavities, openings, tracks, protected transducer mount etc.

My PA14 is still going strong after 5+ years, bone dry and very comfortable ride.

Would love to see a footage of one in some chop ... 

More and more vids appearing on youtubes, but mostly ohs and ahs about clever storage options etc.

Where's mmiller with scientifically proven ###s of gallons-of-spray-per-foot-per-mph ? 

I wonder if aftermarket can come up with a clip-on flare kit , non wty-voiding of course.

Be a bummer, wet touche , but worse lots of  (sand-loaded) spray hitting reels & such ...

2 hours ago, Steve6902 said:

The word on the street is that it makes for a wet ride in choppy water. 

It's a water sport. :laugh:

Jeff is right.

What is choppy water to you guys? 

1-2' chop is in your lap eventually in any kayak. In a rip, its hitting you from all directions and you'll get smacked in the face. Forget about wet butt.

The previous version outback was no slouch in the "getting sprayed category". Anyone that's used that boat in a bit of chop heading upwind knows what I'm talking about. I'll take the occasional chop over the side vs the spray machine any day. :)

the bow is more like the revolution, you will be going faster and with more speed there's more spray.  Want to stay dry, slow down, but the best way to stay dry is to stay home--if you're worried about getting wet, kayaking and fishing really aren't good choices for you.

I dunno... i find the revo 13 and 16 way better than that pre '19 outback for spray. Even when going faster the hull shape shoots the water way more to the side vs old outback that sends water straight up when chop slaps that hull. I figured new outback would have some of these benefits, but I never been in one.

3 hours ago, Jon I said:

I dunno... i find the revo 13 and 16 way better than that pre '19 outback for spray. Even when going faster the hull shape shoots the water way more to the side vs old outback that sends water straight up when chop slaps that hull. I figured new outback would have some of these benefits, but I never been in one.

Def prefer the revo for spray. I do like the outback better for jigging and the swelly following seas. Friend of mine was out in the '19 outback with me the other day. It seemed a little faster than my 2018. 

Worrying about getting a little wet, lol!   :dismay:

My 2016 Outback got plenty wet in any kind of chop too.   So what?  :shrug:

12 hours ago, EliasV said:

Def prefer the revo for spray. I do like the outback better for jigging and the swelly following seas. Friend of mine was out in the '19 outback with me the other day. It seemed a little faster than my 2018. 

any chance you are going to do any sort of a review of  the new model?