Hurricane Michael...Worth paying attention to

Rate this topic

scoobydoo

In case anyone in the gulf coast up to the north east  was sleeping on this one.

Looks like a bomb just went off

Much more favorable conditions ahead with much less shear. 

(notice the cloud tops aren't getting sheared off like before)

This could get nasty quick.  And it's gonna be movin FAST so it may still be a powerful storm in the midatlantic/ NE if it cooks along at 30mph post landfall as some ensembles indicate

Keep an eye out

goes16_ir_14L.gif

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims

The old timers ain’t seen nothing like this before. Getting late to be fleeing. If the roads are impassable, hunker down somewhere in a shelter. Better there than in a Prius on some wind swept highway stuck in a long line of cars.

Once the beast leaves, that is when it gets tough. No power, no gas, and it’s hot. Having a generator running fans, TV, etc is great. Do not hook up your A/C unless the generator can power it properly, if not large enough, you ruin the compressor. I run my well, fridge, lights and fans on a 5500, but no a/c.

I’m inland, so winds might get up to 30-40 mph. I have seen 75 mph sustained winds and that ain’t fun. Couldn’t even imagine what it will be like in Panama City when this thing comes roaring in. Good luck

On the ground live stream from Jeff Piotrowski.

Says he has video of 20 foot waves hitting buildings in mexico beach.  And cedar trees getting hit by a tornado flying accros the roads...

He just bailed from the coast and took shelter at a parking lot

Edited by TimS
Links that require an app not allowed here - that's why you had to approve your own post...that domain is blocked for a reason :-)

"Panacheless is no way to go through life"

Tims