capri_auto

Best cold weather fishing gloves?

18 posts in this topic

I love Orvis Barbour wool gloves! I carry two pairs. Wear one until it’s just too saturated and then put the dry ones on. But they do shed water very well. If they get really wet, take them off and slap them on your knee a few times and you’re back in business. 

Neoprene doesnt keep my hands warm at all. Not even a little bit. Yes they stay dry, but they get cold very quickly. 

1 hour ago, Matt7082 said:

I love Orvis Barbour wool gloves! I carry two pairs. Wear one until it’s just too saturated and then put the dry ones on. But they do shed water very well. If they get really wet, take them off and slap them on your knee a few times and you’re back in business. 

Neoprene doesnt keep my hands warm at all. Not even a little bit. Yes they stay dry, but they get cold very quickly. 

2 Pairs may be key for a long day on the water. I have a pair of snowboarding mits for real cold weather, but for me those days will be limited to maybe trolling RV in the winter for trout. 

On 10/8/2018 at 1:29 PM, tj7501 said:

I got a pair of Glacier Glove Pro Anglers and have been pretty happy with them. Thumb and index fingers fold back for tying knots, etc.

They're fine above 45*.  Below that, these gloves are useless at keeping warmth.

On 10/9/2018 at 7:40 AM, cheech said:

My fingers almost never get cold, nitrile gloves work best for me. I use a thick pair, or doubled up thin ones. If the tips do get a chill releasing a fish I blow in some heat.

Tried that but once moisture gets trapped its game over.  They're just not breathable.  

Two pairs of wool gloves are usually enough (one to replace after one gets wet).