GoneCoastal

Your Favorite 3 color bucktails and plastics

37 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if the OP means different color bucktails or bucktails with multiple colors.

Most of my bucktails are just plain white, and a few solid yellow, black or chartreuse.  I have fished very little with bucktails that incorporate multiple colors, but a sea robin bucktail in brownm, red and yellow won me a pool this summer, so that one will get more play this coming year.

Yep, words & punctuation can have different meanings. 

I primarily use single color bucktail jigs as I listed, but have tied them in two tone colors and sometimes that makes a difference when single color doesn't seem to be working well. IMO, most of the time the actual colors aren't real important, but the contrast of the two may draw more attention, particularly when one is much darker than the other. However, I generally use teasers or flies tied in that manner more than the jigs. 

Because of the popularity of Clouser Minnows tied in two colors, I tried to make a list of all the possible two color combinations one time based on popular commercially dyed bucktail colors available from most any shop that sells tying supplies. I got 3 notebook pages, front & back, and don't think I got them all. Then there's the myriad possible custom colors for folks who dye their own. If a person tried to carry them all, plus solid colors, they'd need a very large truck to move them around instead of a tackle bag or box. 

1 person likes this

23 hours ago, tidewaterfly said:

Yep, words & punctuation can have different meanings. 

I primarily use single color bucktail jigs as I listed, but have tied them in two tone colors and sometimes that makes a difference when single color doesn't seem to be working well. IMO, most of the time the actual colors aren't real important, but the contrast of the two may draw more attention, particularly when one is much darker than the other. However, I generally use teasers or flies tied in that manner more than the jigs. 

Because of the popularity of Clouser Minnows tied in two colors, I tried to make a list of all the possible two color combinations one time based on popular commercially dyed bucktail colors available from most any shop that sells tying supplies. I got 3 notebook pages, front & back, and don't think I got them all. Then there's the myriad possible custom colors for folks who dye their own. If a person tried to carry them all, plus solid colors, they'd need a very large truck to move them around instead of a tackle bag or box. 

This ^^^^.

I like what bass assassin calls albino- purplish hue over pearl. Probably appeals to me more than the fish, but it catches.