GoneCoastal

Your Favorite 3 color bucktails and plastics

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

Bucktails: white, chartreuse, black

Plastics: white/pearl, chartreuse, black

I use many colors, and have confidence in them all. More so, I have confidence in myself.

The 3 I've listed have been the most productive over many years. 

If the selection was expanded, I would add wine and yellow to the bucktails, and most any of the laminated, baitfish type colors to the plastics, like Albino, Opening Night, etc. They will all catch fish. 

59 mins ago, GoneCoastal said:

I'm curious to see what you carry or have the most confindence in. Right now mine are white ice, chartreuse and pink. Anthing I'm missing ? 

Solid color choices for sure,  just missing a dark pattern, either black or wine.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Bucktails = white, always white.

Plastics = white, black, purple, and the color Gulp calls camo

When I used to fish for freshwater bass, I used jig heads with rubber hula skirts in black, purple, or gold. Frankly never saw much of a difference in effectiveness, colorwise.

Edited by Otony

I'm not sure if the OP means different color bucktails or bucktails with multiple colors.

Most of my bucktails are just plain white, and a few solid yellow, black or chartreuse.  I have fished very little with bucktails that incorporate multiple colors, but a sea robin bucktail in brownm, red and yellow won me a pool this summer, so that one will get more play this coming year.

tidewaterfly likes this