ksong

action of 8' prototype Black Hole Suzuki Light for albie and striper

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

I am leaving Korea today and arrive at NJ around 10:00 pm on Wed.

I plan to go to Long Island for hot striper jigging using the 8' Black Hole Suzuki Light rod on Thursday.

I will post pictures and videos of the action. 

I went togging in RI as I heard it is mob scene on party boats for striper jigging. The 8' Black Hole Suzuki Light rod is two light for togging, but I tried. Surprisingly the light rod showed backbone for big tog in 5-7 lb. The tip is very sensitive.

20181108_094232.jpg

23 mins ago, ksong said:

I went togging in RI as I heard it is mob scene on party boats for striper jigging. The 8' Black Hole Suzuki Light rod is two light for togging, but I tried. Surprisingly the light rod showed backbone for big tog in 5-7 lb. The tip is very sensitive.

I'd say it isn't too light then, I was catching the same size fish last weekend with a rod rated to 1/2 oz.  This is the rod you dead lifted a milk jug with right?

On 11/6/2018 at 6:07 PM, ksong said:

I am leaving Korea today and arrive at NJ around 10:00 pm on Wed.

I plan to go to Long Island for hot striper jigging using the 8' Black Hole Suzuki Light rod on Thursday.

I will post pictures and videos of the action. 

I’d like to check this out, pretty close to wha I’m looking for for the spring. 

Does black hole go to the New England boat show in Boston, mid February I think. If so, any chance these will be there?

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 mins ago, gulino12 said:

I’d like to check this out, pretty close to wha I’m looking for for the spring. 

Does black hole go to the New England boat show in Boston, mid February I think. If so, any chance these will be there?

We don't attend the NE Boat show.

We attend New England Saltwater Expo in Providence in March 2019.

Edited by ksong

I plan to go on a party boat in Long Island to test the 8' Suzuki Light rod for striper on jigs tomorrow. I heard it is mob scene on party boats.  I hope bad weather scares some anglers tomorrow. :)

I am on a party boat in Captree in Long Island to test the new 8' Suzuki Light rod for striper. I choose bad weather as I know striper bite well on east wind and it could scares off some anglers so that I can cast around. :)

20181109_050612.jpg

Kil, you lead a very interesting life. The "sacrifices" that you make to bring we anglers better gear is much appreciated. 

1 hour ago, ksong said:

In addition to test rod and reel, I am testing West Coast Tady jigs on this trip.

What reel this trip?

Posted (edited) · Report post

After testing the 8' Black Hole Suzuki rods for various species, I can say the rods are ready  for other anglers.  You can catch fluke, albie, blue, striper, snook, decent sized drum or even blackfish from the shore or on the boat.

The rods will be here by the end of Feb 2019 for the March shows.

Edited by ksong
blacklabnh likes this

Picked up a 9-6 Suzuki at last years show... 150% satisfied with its performance!... will be buying another when you come back to providence... (maybe two) 

Edited by semperfish88