Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saltfisherman

This weeks weather

8 posts in this topic

The tropical storm in the Caribbean will bring SWFL east winds first couple days of the week and west to finish the week of though at least Saturday. They are not strong winds but 7-10 is enough to move stuff around. I’m sure that means more like 10-15 when it’s all said and done. Track of the storm will make a difference left or right of how it moves. 

The red tide report as of this morning is getting better. More of it is around Sanibel. There’s now a daily report on FWC website. 

Down Friday, will let you know how the canals of North Ft Myers look. Hear they have cleaned up. Snap some photos, Hear the rain gets the tarpon and snook  going along the drainage ditch outflows............

Posted (edited)

Well I am at the northern edge of the purple zone on the hurricane map so I'm looking at 40mph wind and rain tomorrow. 

Edited by mwhitt80

Ft Myers beach has some storm surge which has given them street flooding, here and there. 

Blind pass on sanibel also has some local street flooding from  the storm surge.

Tides are projected to be 1-3’ above normal in Lee and Charlotte co.. 

everglades area is looking at up to 4’ of storm surge. 

Collier co is also looking at 3-4’ surge. 

MW, that’s good to hear. I heard today the hurricane was 2mph shy of a cat 5. Wow. 

After seeing the pictures of mexico beach and people have nothing left. Not one stick of lumber left. I couldn’t imagine literally starting from scratch. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah the beach house was at Mexico Beach I saw the overhead shot of the house then saw parts of the roof, a bathroom wall, and stucco columns on a USA today photo of the lot where the house was.

In a weirdly positive note my wife was looking at overhead photos of Port St Joe and the building that housed our boat was still standing so there might be a chance.

Got to get the home front taken care of before we worry about playthings

Edited by mwhitt80
Poor grammar like that matters in the post