Angler #1

All Veterans be aware of the following

Rate this topic

50 posts in this topic

24 mins ago, Angler #1 said:

Bernie go back to what Fizzy Fish posted it is included fro you to see where it is coming from.

I did and I also read the law as written, the word "shell fish" is not mentioned so therefor we should wait until an explanation is written by someone versed in law, to give us a laymans interpretation of what and where is covered...……………….

7 mins ago, b-ware said:

I did and I also read the law as written, the word "shell fish" is not mentioned so therefor we should wait until an explanation is written by someone versed in law, to give us a laymans interpretation of what and where is covered...……………….

Bernie I do not know what to tell you as the act I read has the words in it and thats all I care about and I have my shell fish permit, from the town of Barnstable  that verifies it , thats all I need for now. :howdy:

SENATE . . . . . . . . . . . . . . No. 2632

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts

In the One Hundred and Ninetieth General Court

(2017-2018)

An Act relative to veterans' benefits, rights, appreciation, validation and enforcement.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:

274 SECTION 29. Section 52 of chapter 130 of the General Laws, as so appearing, is hereby

275 amended by inserting after the word “therefor”, in line 61, the following words:- ; provided,

276 however, that such city or town shall not charge a veteran a fee greater than the fee charged to a

277 resident of such city or town.

from Section 52 of Chapter !30 Mass General Laws.

Every city or town which exercises the authority over such coastal fisheries as provided in this section shall set aside an area or areas not then in private control or under municipal cultivation in which the commercial taking of shellfish shall be prohibited and from which shellfish may be taken, for his own family use, by any inhabitant of the commonwealth holding a permit therefor from such city or town. In any city or town issuing such permits to take shellfish for family use, any inhabitant of the commonwealth shall be issued such a permit upon payment of the fee, if any, established therefor. Such permits shall be uniform, and the regulations established in connection therewith shall make no distinction among different classes of permit holders except with respect to the amount of the fee therefor. Such permit shall not allow the taking of shellfish of a size at a season prohibited by law and the amount therefor taken for any family shall not exceed in any one week, one bushel of any or all kinds of shellfish, but the councilmen or selectmen, as the case may be, may, with the approval of the director, reduce the maximum amount of any or all of such shellfish taken for such purpose

4 mins ago, FizzyFish said:

SENATE . . . . . . . . . . . . . . No. 2632

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts

In the One Hundred and Ninetieth General Court

(2017-2018)

An Act relative to veterans' benefits, rights, appreciation, validation and enforcement.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:

274 SECTION 29. Section 52 of chapter 130 of the General Laws, as so appearing, is hereby

275 amended by inserting after the word “therefor”, in line 61, the following words:- ; provided,

276 however, that such city or town shall not charge a veteran a fee greater than the fee charged to a

277 resident of such city or town.

from Section 52 of Chapter !30 Mass General Laws.

Every city or town which exercises the authority over such coastal fisheries as provided in this section shall set aside an area or areas not then in private control or under municipal cultivation in which the commercial taking of shellfish shall be prohibited and from which shellfish may be taken, for his own family use, by any inhabitant of the commonwealth holding a permit therefor from such city or town. In any city or town issuing such permits to take shellfish for family use, any inhabitant of the commonwealth shall be issued such a permit upon payment of the fee, if any, established therefor. Such permits shall be uniform, and the regulations established in connection therewith shall make no distinction among different classes of permit holders except with respect to the amount of the fee therefor. Such permit shall not allow the taking of shellfish of a size at a season prohibited by law and the amount therefor taken for any family shall not exceed in any one week, one bushel of any or all kinds of shellfish, but the councilmen or selectmen, as the case may be, may, with the approval of the director, reduce the maximum amount of any or all of such shellfish taken for such purpose

Thank you sir...………..