OnTheFish

Gary2 & Sharpeye

28 posts in this topic

45 mins ago, Sudsy said:

:squid: Me too. That was his best fish catching plug

Tiger or the slim?  I could probably fish a slim almost exclusively.  Seemed like guys were more into buying the Tigers.  When he sold plugs at the flea market i noticed the slims were a tougher sell.  Catch more bees with honey as they say.

what was the name of the small tiger with the flag tail?  I always forget it.  I have one of those.  Great nichey plug.

1 hour ago, Fly By Nite said:

what was the name of the small tiger with the flag tail?  I always forget it.  I have one of those.  Great nichey plug.

Could you show a pic please? Thanks

16 hours ago, skinnywater said:

Enticer? 

Enticers are around the same size as the Tiger and has two trebles.

49732D4E-5DC8-4A87-8682-C3A657276CED.jpeg

Edited by VanStaalSteve

23 hours ago, Sudsy said:

And the Sidekick can't be exactly duplicated. He made it out of some "Russian" wood that had some very unique characteristics and wouldn't even tell me where he was getting it from.

All I know is that it was used to pack something (windows perhaps) for shipping, some pieces had metal band strap marks on them

Been keeping my eyes open for the past 10 years but still have no idea.

Hi Sudsy, I thought the tiger was from the "Russian wood" as well.  Billy

The enticer.  That was a better plug to fish with IMO than the tiger.  Caught a few nice ones on it in some heavy current. They never rolled out.  Thump Thump Thump Thump...it was a bit more erratic (almost darter-ish) than plastic like the bomber and i think that helped to 'entice' some more fish to strike it.  

On 10/10/2018 at 11:37 AM, Sudsy said:

And the Sidekick can't be exactly duplicated. He made it out of some "Russian" wood that had some very unique characteristics and wouldn't even tell me where he was getting it from.

All I know is that it was used to pack something (windows perhaps) for shipping, some pieces had metal band strap marks on them

Been keeping my eyes open for the past 10 years but still have no idea.

He made 6 or 8  tigers out of the russian wood as well and gave them out when he came out to the cape.    I did very well on that one.

His Tigers were the best producer for me.

On 10/11/2018 at 0:59 PM, Sudsy said:

A handful were, most were AYC

Thanks for letting me know.  The one he made me he said was the Russian wood.  Never trusted myself enough to throw it.  Only 5 or 6 plugs I won’t throw (although they are sometimes in my bag) that is one of them.