Crabba

October starts off great!

41 posts in this topic

I almost went today. Thought about making it my last trip of the season. I've got about a 50 mile drive one way to the coast. Saw 16 mph winds on my weather app and said the heck with it and stayed on my couch.

1 person likes this

4 mins ago, pclassic said:

I almost went today. Thought about making it my last trip of the season. I've got about a 50 mile drive one way to the coast. Saw 16 mph winds on my weather app and said the heck with it and stayed on my couch.

jesus, where you driving from?

I live in Manchester, NH. Usually 100 miles round trip easily because if I'm not finding them in one location I'll get in the car a move somewhere else. I average about 5 days a week fishing. That's a lot of driving if they are not around or I can't find them. I usually fish as far south as the Parker River Reserve or Plum Island up to the Kennebunk River and everywhere in between. I just haven't been able to find them these past couple of weeks.

Damn, that's some driving...I usually do the same this time of year, driving the beaches, looking for birds, but this year has been just down right off for me....

40 mins ago, pclassic said:

Supposed to be windy as hell tonight, 35 mph plus, good call, your not missing much...

5 mins ago, 7 Rivers said:

Damn, that's some driving...I usually do the same this time of year, driving the beaches, looking for birds, but this year has been just down right off for me....

hit the north shore of MA! 

3 mins ago, 7 Rivers said:

Sounds like you are doing some traveling as well...

Indeed! I wasn't planning to honestly, but fishing the last couple weekends has been a ton of fun, definitely heading down again this weekend for one last go. My mom's place is in salem so I have a place to stay over night. Drinking and parties can wait a couple weeks until the fish are gone haha

Edited by evan1

I guess that's what you have to do when you've got striper fever. Most of the time I'll put in at least 8 hours just to make the drive worth it. I had much better luck in the rivers this year. It was unusally much slower in the surf for me this season.

1 min ago, pclassic said:

I guess that's what you have to do when you've got striper fever. Most of the time I'll put in at least 8 hours just to make the drive worth it. I had much better luck in the rivers this year. It was unusally much slower in the surf for me this season.

Once that water warmed up in late june, the fishing got really spotty for me, even early morning, using bait, ect. It was the hardest year, (hours wise) putting in time per fish, that I ever saw...