Crabba

October starts off great!

41 posts in this topic

What a week it's been. Had all but given up on this year with a horrible July, August and September. Then all has changed. Fish have been around and all sizes mixed in to make things a blast. Today was more of the same. Went out with a buddy and had the best day I've had since June. Finally broke my jinx with a bucktail and it was my go to today. So pumped. Was one of those days where I really remembered how much fun this is. Also zmann plastics r money

2 people like this

3 mins ago, 7 Rivers said:

size? numbers? 

Not hundreds but I'd guess pushing 30 between the both of us. From dinks to 20lb fish

good for you..This year has been my worst ever...I am hoping to get some this weekend....breaking surface or no?

6 mins ago, 7 Rivers said:

good for you..This year has been my worst ever...I am hoping to get some this weekend....breaking surface or no?

I'm from shore if that isn't clear. Not sure if your shore bound or boat but for me today was Billy goat walking cliffs and just feeling out what might hold some fish. Working jig head and soft plastics. No bird activity. One seal munching on a dink. Lot of hit were in close. 5-10ft of water. Great surf out there. Lots of white water

7 mins ago, 7 Rivers said:

I am shore as well....

Sweet. I hear ya on a tough year. These storms lately have produced some good day outings. I would normally not even try till sunset or later this time of year but have been really doing well mid day. White has been right for lures

I know I am usually seeing birds and all that this time of year, I just haven't had any luck, been strange for sure....My logs show a pattern, seems one year is good, then down...

9 hours ago, Crabba said:

I'm from shore if that isn't clear. Not sure if your shore bound or boat but for me today was Billy goat walking cliffs and just feeling out what might hold some fish. Working jig head and soft plastics. No bird activity. One seal munching on a dink. Lot of hit were in close. 5-10ft of water. Great surf out there. Lots of white water

Lost what I think would’ve been my biggest fish of the year this morning. Fish hit when my lure was about a foot away from shore. White water. 

1 person likes this

4 mins ago, tnetherc said:

Lost what I think would’ve been my biggest fish of the year this morning. Fish hit when my lure was about a foot away from shore. White water. 

Bummer. Crazy how close they can be. I've caught so many good sized fish within ft of shore. Definitely pays off to work lure or bait as close as you can. 

I agree Crabba. Had 11 this morning. 15 so far in October. No keepers but full of fight.

1 person likes this

That's great Chaulkdust! They are feeding pretty heavy right now. They've hit anything from SP minnows to bucktails. I've been having my best luck with jigging with a 6 inch white paddle tail. Working drop offs and holes. Still lots of fish. Go get some more! 

It's been tough for me fishing the NH shore. Maybe 7 schoolies in the last two weeks. Mostly around the Rye area. They seem to be tucked in close to the rocks for me. Haven't been lucky enough to pick off any in the surf. Crabba, save some for the rest of us. I'm going to try Maine tomorrow even though I have no clue where to go. Getting ready to get on Google Earth now to see if maybe I can find somewhere that looks nice. 

1 person likes this