Joe g. Question

Rate this topic

burkie

Joe g, angler#1uses angler#1, but what is a Angler

LIFE MEMBER OF THE , BRUINS, SOX, PATS, B-WARE HATERS CLUB... LIFE MEMBER OF THE CANADIENS, YANKEES, GIANTS...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

I was reading a book and in it , it said what angler ment, one that uses a fishing rod other than using  a casting net

LIFE MEMBER OF THE , BRUINS, SOX, PATS, B-WARE HATERS CLUB... LIFE MEMBER OF THE CANADIENS, YANKEES, GIANTS...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

6 mins ago, burkie said:

I was reading a book and in it , it said what angler ment, one that uses a fishing rod other than using  a casting net

Your spot on,  Burkie.  I'm always amazed at the trivia you unearth from the many books you read.  

As you point out, an angler, by text book definition, is one who uses a rod, line and hook.  One who uses a net or spear, or anything other than rod, line and hook,  is technically not an angler.

An angler does angling.  The word angling is derived from the word angle, which is intended to describe the relationship of the hook to the line.....i.e., the hook is at an angle to the line.

Joe g is right, so do we call angler#1 hook

1 hour ago, bdowning said:

Sounds like Ware talk to me. :naughty:

Saw Bware this past weekend at the RR bridge parking lot, he has issues