luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - October 2018

Rate this topic

66 posts in this topic

I do, but I’m working on my surf reading skills. So, no drum or sharks. I did manage to pickup 2 spot today, but that is as good as it got. Not enough surf to break consistently on the bar, so I had to watch the little bit of current on the beach until I found a spot where the north current and south current seemed to meet and go out. Not sure I got a very good spot.

Got out yesterday 6:30-11:00 am for an outgoing tide on the beach.  Finger mullet and squid and the squid caught a bunch of puffers, one skate and some baby blues.  Threat of ran kept the competition to a minimum.  Too much wind today to get me out of bed early. 

Made a “scenic” trip to AI this past week and made the mistake of not bringing my fishing gear. The weather was dead gorgeous and the conditions were just perfect. What made it hurt even more was the serious bird action (videos attached)  running down the island. I always drive up and down the entire OSV and rarely see any action but the day I happen to not be fishing…

Frenzy.gif.5c05a62de45bd9f1f7c9564776bd9fc0.gif

frenzy_2.mp4

frenzy_1.mp4

On 10/21/2018 at 2:37 PM, TheOpportunist said:

Made a “scenic” trip to AI this past week and made the mistake of not bringing my fishing gear. The weather was dead gorgeous and the conditions were just perfect. What made it hurt even more was the serious bird action (videos attached)  running down the island. I always drive up and down the entire OSV and rarely see any action but the day I happen to not be fishing…

Frenzy.gif.5c05a62de45bd9f1f7c9564776bd9fc0.gif

frenzy_2.mp4

frenzy_1.mp4

WOW

I finally made it down to the AI this past weekend.  I was able to entice a 43" red to take a bluefish head on the incoming tide.  Also caught a handful of small blues on mullet rigs. Bonus to the day was enjoying the beautiful sunset.  Going to try to get my girlfriend her first red drum on Wednesday.

20181020_151818.jpg

IMG_7828.JPG

Edited by PSUsurfisher

8 hours ago, hunter123 said:

Both pics are great. I'll either fish Fenwick or Ai, MD this weekend.

Do you think the winds will settle by then?  Last I saw (videos) the surf looked really rough.

14 hours ago, ohbri13 said:

Do you think the winds will settle by then?  Last I saw (videos) the surf looked really rough.

Hi, It looks like it should be OK for the weekend. Winds about 10 mph, temp mid 50's. I don't care ,I gotta fish. Rough surf should be good for Stripers. Plus there is always the inlet. I'll call Old inlet Thurs night. But I don't mind fishing a rough ocean, Tight line.

Fished lower Delaware Oct 31 - Nov 1.  Nice weather with a slight breeze. Low tide and high tide. Not a bite.  No life in the water. No birds.  Threw artificials. Water a little dirty.  Saw a few small tog being caught.