luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - October 2018

Rate this topic

66 posts in this topic

C J ....sorry to have missed all the fun, lost my year-round employee this spring and had to run my business solo up till now.....hoping to get a few late ones after the storm moves off. congrats to everyone!

I will be down on the OSV Saturday and Sunday, wondering if I should stock up on heavy weights?  It looks to me like the surf will drop on Friday but wanted to make sure.  Thanks.

I am hoping this storm moving through tonight will be quick enough that it will not cause overwash conditions, or if it does it is only for high tide tonight at around 10pm and they keep it open for the weekend.  I am seeing NW at 10-13mph with some WSW mixed in on Saturday and Sunday.

More and more I think there's something about this west to nothing wind. Just don't like jogging in place cutting bait, back at the truck.

Actually that visual is kind of funny.. Those biting flies on the ankles are terrible. 

2 hours ago, Critter Gitter said:

On the strong NW.  We caught most of our fish last week on yucky dirty west wind water.  Go figure

Guess wind direction isn’t as important as I thought. I got a lot to learn

2 hours ago, Critter Gitter said:

On the strong NW.  We caught most of our fish last week on yucky dirty west wind water.  Go figure

Man...I always thought a west wind was the least desirable...but there you go....

38 mins ago, dixiekraut said:

Man...I always thought a west wind was the least desirable...but there you go....

I would rather have all manner of W than a straight N.  

On 10/11/2018 at 6:43 PM, KOSS said:

I would rather have all manner of W than a straight N.  

Hey KOSS, Do you head to the jersey beaches for stripers at all?  I'm right up the road in Quakertown.

I want to rant about those too lazy or too ignorant to find their own fish.  But I won't.  I will say if a person wants to catch they need to get off the internet and get on the beach. 

Bigbob and YakDawg like this