UncleJohn

October 2018 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

997 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, FishingmaniYaks said:

Not kingfish but a close relative on my vacation down here in Maryland. Loads of Whiting..

20181001_220532.jpg

1 hour ago, daves745t said:

Supposedly they are very, very good eating....

They're OK, close to but a bit fishier than porgie. 

That run in Raritan Bay a few years ago was awesome, bait couldn't touch bottom without one jumping on.

Never saw that there before or since

On 10/1/2018 at 0:56 PM, MC55 said:

So made the death march this morning for the first time this fall to see what might be happening up there.  Beautiful morning, but the only thing hitting the end of the line was 12 inch blues.  Did see happy mullet swim by and birds were picking off and on the small bait chased by the blues.  After a few hours of that, went back to the car and move south.  Walked to the waters edge and saw a fish flop in the wash.  Thought that was a good sign, but after an hour there all I had to show for it was 1 fat 25 incher.  Don't think I'll make the death march again until the water and air cools a bit more.  Was able to get out this morning sans waders.

DSCF2460.JPG

Really is a death march

Went south this morning and not much happening.  Great looking water, but very little bait and the only fish on the end of the line were a couple of 14 inch fluke.  Moved a few miles north, but no difference.  Will be out of town tomorrow so back at it Thursday morning.

4 hours ago, ChumSlickJon said:

mullet.jpg

Clearly a photoshop!  Nice touch with a strand of seaweed hanging from its mouth.  

Not a NJ report but heading to RI for the weekend to see what I can find.  Been there once before to a few breachways and watch hill but if anyone has info a PM would be much appreciated.

my skunkathon continues, including the salmon river. Fished bayside MonCo. water looked fishy, though a little dark, all I got was constant weed action. Fished from 4 to 8am. 

I dunno if the death march is what I think it is in Moco, but I tried to go that route over the weekend at around 3am to  put my pass to good use (witching hour they say), I walked and saw a little something in the bunkers/gates  on the right and decided it was not worth it.  Yes, it was most likely my imagination, but given my lack of speed and stamina, I decided to head out back instead. go ahead flex your internet muscles, my heart would not have made that stupid trek. Its hard enough to run, but in waders and sand, F all of it, may that lady be happy and rest in peace.

1 hour ago, adoboboy said:

I dunno if the death march is what I think it is in Moco, but I tried to go that route over the weekend at around 3am to  put my pass to good use (witching hour they say), I walked and saw a little something in the bunkers/gates  on the right and decided it was not worth it.  Yes, it was most likely my imagination, but given my lack of speed and stamina, I decided to head out back instead. go ahead flex your internet muscles, my heart would not have made that stupid trek. Its hard enough to run, but in waders and sand, F all of it, may that lady be happy and rest in peace.

So much goes through your head making that walk alone. Haha

Posted (edited) · Report post

21 hours ago, Mojoboy said:

So much goes through your head making that walk alone. Haha

It's a hike, for sure. 

I only put the waders on to make that hike when the water temps drop below 60. Otherwise I'm dripping in sweat. 

Edited by Danny1199