October 2018 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

UncleJohn

Around 1700, during the outgoing, i stoppped at a river spot on my way home from work. I caught a micro striper around 14" from the Raritan River in SexCo...i caught it using a 1oz chrome rat-l-trap....there were no signs of life. I know this is time of year so i just plugged alway. I might hit it a bit more now that high tide is starting to coincide with sunrise and sunset...i don't expect anything big but catching is better than not catching.

Out front 7-9 am. Not much wind and ocean was flat. 

Lots of rain bait and small schools of mullet.  Threw the bag at them and had no luck until i pulled out the chicken scratch bomber!  Immediately started getting bumps.  Pulled in some tiny bass, a teeny fluke and a snapper.  Was hoping for the miniature slam but it wasn't meant to be. 

Saw others out but didn't see any bent rods.  Lots of bird activity way out and dolphins moved through a couple times.   I think i saw some albies running through schools of mullet but too far out to be sure. 

It was like a lake out there early this morning.  Clean clear water and just some small pods of bait in the pockets, but nothing bothering them.  Was out from about 5:30 to 8:30 and had one blowup on a popper that only stuck for a short time, and a small fluke go after the plastic.  Was thinking of making the walk in the morning, but the big time NW wind is forecast again so think I will put that off till Friday when there is a SW shift.  Still seems to be more activity to the north right now which is where i'll head in the morning.

If there was ever a time to get out and fish its right now !  Tons of bait, fluke,albies, 30" bass, bonita and blues all over out front . Whale, seals ,sturgeon and dolphins putting on a show .Had a 20"+ fluke beach itself right next to me, spin around and swim back into the water like he was just checking out  what was going on ? lol.  Location is all over !

• Sudsy locked this topic