UncleJohn

October 2018 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

997 posts in this topic

Finished work a little early today. Fished O C outfront from 3 to 5  south wind and no fish, water looked good, not a bad day on the beach for a walk.  May give it another try in the morning, a little further south.

Skunk tonight. Back of Moco. Beautiful night. schools of peanuts everywhere but nothing harrassing them. Felt like a late August eve instead of an early October one. Lots of activity just a bit north and east of us. Gonna break open very soon. 

OC last two am. Dismal effort but can say I tried. Not a thing on top water despite great looking water. Mullet everywhere with some at my feet. Skunker. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Out back and out front, fished from 3-8pm . . Managed 6 blues, 1 fluke and one bass around 24-25" . . lots of bait and fluke blitzing, doing backflips and just about beaching themselves as the sun was setting 

20181001_202954.jpg

Edited by NJXJ

16 hours ago, nam1969 said:

. Could this be a repeat of 2011, the winter that never was, when we got fish almost every day, from early December into almost end of February? 

Remember in March of this year when it snowed repeatedly and everyone said the water would never get warm? Be patient, winter tends to come most years. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Out front nomoco 1-6:30 threw shads, bucktails, sp and darter. 2 hits that resulted in 2 bass both under 15”. Was hoping for a little better. Back out this weekend with some higher tides in the early hours. Water is still too warm.

Edited by Matt Szwagulinski
Grammar

20 hours ago, nam1969 said:

Hey Fishless, that finger mullet blitz you got into, how many of those little suckers did you land? 

I'm gonna guess between 3 of us I'd say around 45/50.  I do tag and release so it takes me a lil longer to get the info and tag, note it and get back to fishing otherwise I'm sure we would have been closer to 70 total. 

20 hours ago, nam1969 said:

Hey Fishless, that finger mullet blitz you got into, how many of those little suckers did you land? 

Haha never mind my prior response, I see where you were going there.  Still working on the 1st cup of coffee this morning. 

37 mins ago, fishless said:

I'm gonna guess between 3 of us I'd say around 45/50.  I do tag and release so it takes me a lil longer to get the info and tag, note it and get back to fishing otherwise I'm sure we would have been closer to 70 total. 

Never heard of tagging finger mullet!More power to you!

33 mins ago, fishless said:

Haha never mind my prior response, I see where you were going there.  Still working on the 1st cup of coffee this morning. 

Never mind my response to your initial post, since I'm not minding your response to my initial post! There, that pretty much clears it up!

9 mins ago, nam1969 said:

Never mind my response to your initial post, since I'm not minding your response to my initial post! There, that pretty much clears it up!

Now that we've confused readers and made a mess of this I'll get back to the report.  Since Fri's fun outing it's been dead for the last 3 nights. Bait stayed but the fish moved on.  Now to find where.   

15 hours ago, saltyh2ofly said:

Loads of 6" kingfish on RB......report of funny fish still missing.

Not kingfish but a close relative on my vacation down here in Maryland. Loads of Whiting..

20181001_220532.jpg