fishfigure

They are here

64 posts in this topic

On 10/3/2018 at 11:43 AM, hobobob said:

Remind me why long island fishing forum exist? Now a days everybody is afraid to post up anything.  Just close the damn forum and be done with it. One, he is no spot burning, two, chances are that more specific reports are already posted in facebook, instant gram, fishing magazine, tackle shop, etc. 

@baldadonis2002 remember this?

agreed. we must be the worst regional forum.

Why close it because we don’t do reports haha. I like the forum. No need for reports save them for the Jersey guys. 

38 mins ago, t0phtrt said:

agreed. we must be the worst regional forum.

2 hours ago, hydraman said:

Why close it because we don’t do reports haha. I like the forum. No need for reports save them for the Jersey guys. 

No, because people losing their s**t over stories that involve generic locations and catches discourages people from posting, so you end up with 10 posts a day in the forum.

It doesn't have to turn into the old reports site, but people should be able to, you know, talk about the actual fishing they did?

Saying "South Shore Inlet" to anyone who frequents this board is not as generic as you think.

It brings people to the spot.. and then they call their friends..and their friends and their friends

The OP could have said Central or Western SS and I would have no beef with it, once you say "inlet", oh its on baby.

Truth is, I'm not one of those guys that blots out the background when they post a photo to the board... thats not me,  but I ABSOLUTELY AM one of the guys that studies every posted photo and will spend hours on Google maps scouring locations that match the background of the photo - so whilst I hypocritically make fun of the fools that blot out the background... I must admit, its absolute brilliance.  Me ?  I don't post photos.

Also I might add,  I intensely watch local youtubers videos, freeze frame, zoom in, I search and look ..it borders on sick, I swear I spend hours doing it.. BUT, I found numerous spots across the North Shore doing this  AND  I know when the bite is on and where.

Before everyone starts to pile on negative comments and "throw shade", I'm willing to bet I am not alone in my investigation game.

Loose Lines !!!

1 hour ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Saying "South Shore Inlet" to anyone who frequents this board is not as generic as you think.

It brings people to the spot.. and then they call their friends..and their friends and their friends

The OP could have said Central or Western SS and I would have no beef with it, once you say "inlet", oh its on baby.

Truth is, I'm not one of those guys that blots out the background when they post a photo to the board... thats not me,  but I ABSOLUTELY AM one of the guys that studies every posted photo and will spend hours on Google maps scouring locations that match the background of the photo - so whilst I hypocritically make fun of the fools that blot out the background... I must admit, its absolute brilliance.  Me ?  I don't post photos.

Also I might add,  I intensely watch local youtubers videos, freeze frame, zoom in, I search and look ..it borders on sick, I swear I spend hours doing it.. BUT, I found numerous spots across the North Shore doing this  AND  I know when the bite is on and where.

Before everyone starts to pile on negative comments and "throw shade", I'm willing to bet I am not alone in my investigation game.

Loose Lines !!!

I don’t know man that don’t seem fun. Half the fun is figuring the spots out yourself.  Seeing some locals talking to them after you see them many times and fished a couple of tides together. I have put in a lot of time in years past and found many spots. Some spots that nobody fish’s. I never ever posted a fishing picture I think one of me and my daughter at sorethumb middle of the day haha. No fish. Now when I see the pictures I know a lot of those spots. I know what bridge that is in your picture. I know because I took the time to learn tides and times and when those spots produce. Sometimes you know the spot that’s half the battle.  Now at days no need to do the work which is sad. But you need to know how to fish and when at some spots. You can hit the inlet jettie and get lucky. But do you know what tide produces the larger of the fish. No pictures they killed fishing to me. And the bass are going to be like the dodo soon.  So enjoy them while you can friends 

2 hours ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Do you have any idea how many inlets there are on the south shore of LI?

Also - do you really think the people who read this board need someone to tell them there are fish at the inlet at this time of year?  Should we rename the 'fall run' to something else, so that the secret is safe?

Hydra - you make a good point,  let me at least half agree with you... I only take the easy route to find the spots, learning to fish them, what lures to you, how to work the lure and what tides, temps produce is 100% on me and I do keep a detailed log.  I got tired of 'pissing in the wind' - I just wanted to position myself somewhere I knew there was fish to build confidence and put the onus back on me to learn how to fish, since clearly the picture and videos prove there are fish there. 

Nerd -  "YES" ... I want the Fall Run  officially renamed  "FIGHT CLUB".. because we all know the 1st rule of Fight Club  

3 hours ago, baldadonis2002 said:

Hydra - you make a good point,  let me at least half agree with you... I only take the easy route to find the spots, learning to fish them, what lures to you, how to work the lure and what tides, temps produce is 100% on me and I do keep a detailed log.  I got tired of 'pissing in the wind' - I just wanted to position myself somewhere I knew there was fish to build confidence and put the onus back on me to learn how to fish, since clearly the picture and videos prove there are fish there. 

Nerd -  "YES" ... I want the Fall Run  officially renamed  "FIGHT CLUB".. because we all know the 1st rule of Fight Club  

So you're OK with asking for reports (see post 31 above), just not OK with other people mentioning vague details that might not be convenient to you.  Got it.

when it comes to surf fishing posting reports is idiotic and nothing more than public ego stroking. Thank God this site doesn't allow it, the "other' site is a s hit show because of it.

1 person likes this

This is why I fish on my boat more then the surf these days....Surf Fishing on Long Island is becoming a joke.Everyone thinks there Skinner or Wetzel after surfishing for a few years,everyones an expert on everything.I know people that think there fishing legends and no one even knows there names or who they are.Everyone gets all up in arms about the inlets being burned etc...But the inlet is a googan magnet no matter what,even when theres a red hot bite i wont go anymore its not worth dealing with some of the crowd.The inlet is the most obvious spot to fish early in the fall,there is gonna be crowds no matter what.Its amazing when Skinner posts a video catching 30lbers on the North Fork everyone praises him but when some random guy posts some nonsense everyone beats him down 

Skinner is a tool I’ve seen him many times and he’s not even a good fisherman. That’s the truth and I’ve talked to enough guys that see him and know and are not happy with him. God bless the guy made a name for himself and is making some money and gets his free gear. But **** I don’t have Instagram Facebook or any social media. Sol to me is the extent of my internet use. Island surf I feel you brother but boat fishing is boring to me. I have enough spots on Long Island south shore I’m all alone most of the time. And pakalo I think I’ve seen you post lots of pictures in the past of you with fish on your buddys fishing vessel. Just because your working doesn’t mean your not stroking your ego by posting blackfish and whatever else your posting. Reports suck and they have killed fishing and spots.  the young guys will never understand because they don’t know what good fishing is or was. 

1 hour ago, hydraman said:

Skinner is a tool I’ve seen him many times and he’s not even a good fisherman. That’s the truth and I’ve talked to enough guys that see him and know and are not happy with him. God bless the guy made a name for himself and is making some money and gets his free gear. But **** I don’t have Instagram Facebook or any social media. Sol to me is the extent of my internet use. Island surf I feel you brother but boat fishing is boring to me. I have enough spots on Long Island south shore I’m all alone most of the time. And pakalo I think I’ve seen you post lots of pictures in the past of you with fish on your buddys fishing vessel. Just because your working doesn’t mean your not stroking your ego by posting blackfish and whatever else your posting. Reports suck and they have killed fishing and spots.  the young guys will never understand because they don’t know what good fishing is or was. 

I don’t think you can catch that many fish without being at least a “good” fisherman. I’m not saying he’s the best, and I don’t think he would say that either but not good? I don’t know, no one ever taught me to fish, so I read his books, and I’m pretty happy with where I’m at after 3+ seasons. I think he’s definitely a good instructor.

2 hours ago, hydraman said:

Ugh, if I ever wrote this drivel I would be on double secret mod que LOL.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

34 mins ago, Cpalms said:

Ugh, if I ever wrote this drivel I would be on double secret mod que LOL.

I knew this would ruffle some feathers. I’m not one to talk about people. But I’ve had enough with all the skinner love affair over the years. I read his books Ive read a lot of books thru the years . Some good info it helped a lot of people. But the videos all over the place has gotten some of these spots overcrowded for sure. The locals do not appreciate this crap. I’m not a local in that area but I know a bunch and they don’t like it. Would you I don’t think so. People might not know these spots but how many new guys do you think he brought to those areas?  

I hope this don’t get me In trouble. I don’t know what I would do this place keeps me sane in my down time. 

Edited by hydraman
Add on