fishfigure

They are here

Rate this topic

93 posts in this topic

People live and learn. A lot of guys thought it was standard practice to air everything on the internet. Now most people know and learned. Many guys came to this site ready to show the world the 40 inch fish they got. And soon they realized this is not the place. Nothing wrong being exited about good fishing or your pb  fish but most guys here don’t fish for the glory or for the praise of other Fisherman. 

4 hours ago, hobobob said:

Remind me why long island fishing forum exist? Now a days everybody is afraid to post up anything.  Just close the damn forum and be done with it. One, he is no spot burning, two, chances are that more specific reports are already posted in facebook, instant gram, fishing magazine, tackle shop, etc. 

@baldadonis2002 remember this?

Lol...There a very few secrets on Long Island anymore unless you own a boat and have an expensive fish finder that acuratley portrays the structure on the bottom.

9 hours ago, baldadonis2002 said:

2 things to sum this up

#1 Read everything "TheKnot" wrote above.. I could not have said it better

#2 I never used the term "spot burn", so don't be a simpleton and mention that term.

In summary, there are Googans that know the spots, weekend warriors that are trolling this web board just waiting for someone to say the race has started and then get up off the couch and crowd the beach.

Then there are die hards that fish this early start,  it's hit or miss, plenty of room on the beach and its an opportunity to catch some fish in peace and quiet.

You didn't mention spot burn - but you're pissed because he mentioned a spot generically and that there were fish there.  Okaaaaaay.

You guys need to get a grip.  There are a thousand ways to find out that the fish are running now - apps for the phone, social media.  The cat is out of the bag.  None of the crowd you mentioned are sitting here reading the LI forum for it's 5 posts a week to find out where the fish are so they can go running with a 5 gallon bucket to collect them.

Lighten up, Francis.

15 hours ago, Hook I said:

next time can someone please post in Spanish or Slavic so the American's won't crowd the spots . 

Easy there. I prefer the bad hombres corona crowd over the captree extended family porgy processors

As far as I can tell OP didn't break any rules, so what's the big deal? SOL is just another outlet. If you don't like a post don't comment, it's simple. 

The water is all of ours to share. Your fishing is no more important than anyone else's, so if you can't deal with others then this sport is not for you. 

On 10/1/2018 at 9:39 PM, IslandSurf said:

??????

On 10/2/2018 at 9:40 PM, TheKnot said:

What did he gain by starting a tread like this ? So he caught a few fish who cares .  

Everybody knows what he is talking about.

Red drums and tarpons are back on South Shore along with Goliath Groupers.

Didn't you read that report about 300+ that was cut on pier #12 down in Jamaica inlet?

And all those roosters cut on Coney Island beach? It is very known public secrets that first week of October tarpons are making big run under Verrazano bridge. It is their migratory season and they are making short cut on their way to nesting grounds in Labrador Sea. They are a reason for all of those dolphins and Orcas showing up in New York port and New York marina on 17th street.

On 10/3/2018 at 7:09 PM, Hook I said:

next time can someone please post in Spanish or Slavic so the American's won't crowd the spots . 

Известно, что в первую неделю октября тароны совершают большой прогон под мостом Верразано. Это их мигрирующий сезон, и они делают короткие сокращения на своем пути к гнездовьям в Лабрадорском море.

Posted (edited) · Report post

55 mins ago, Popasilov said:

Известно, что в первую неделю октября тароны совершают большой прогон под мостом Верразано. Это их мигрирующий сезон, и они делают короткие сокращения на своем пути к гнездовьям в Лабрадорском море.

Did You cut and paste this ? Do you know what it translates to ? I never did but i do know one famous angler did get a 50lb there 

Edited by Hook I

9 hours ago, Hook I said:

Did You cut and paste this ? Do you know what it translates to ? I never did but i do know one famous angler did get a 50lb there 

He got a 50lb tarpon under Verrazano?

Interesting.

No, I didn't know that.

or

Нет, я этого не знал.

or

Ne, ja to nisam znao.

On 10/5/2018 at 8:18 PM, Popasilov said:

He got a 50lb tarpon under Verrazano?

Interesting.

No, I didn't know that.

or

Нет, я этого не знал.

or

Ne, ja to nisam znao.

没有鱼给你!

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:17 AM, Popasilov said:

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:11 AM, Hook I said:

Spot Burner !!