tomkaz

KAVANAUGH FALLOUT, OUTSIDE THE PROCESS

42 posts in this topic

Yup,  there’s going to be fallout from this that has nothing to do with those caught up in the process. One of the bigger running narratives that the liberals and Democrats and Media are running is that this is a negative for Republicans with the public generally, and particularly with women.

Then all of a sudden the poll like this comes along and has you asking could everyone be wrong? Could the conventional wisdom, at the margin and in certain markets, be wrong? 

From Instapundit: 

HMM:  Poll: Josh Hawley Takes Lead Over Claire McCaskill After She Announces Opposition to Kavanaugh. “Significantly, the poll found that 49 percent of likely voters said the Supreme Court confirmation process for Brett Kavanaugh has made them less likely to vote for McCaskill, while only 42 percent said it made them more likely to vote for her.”

Even with women: “Among female respondents, 47 percent said the confirmation process made them less likely to vote for McCaskill, while 42 percent said it made them more likely.

Among male respondents, 50 percent said the confirmation process made them less likely to vote for McCaskill, while 41 percent said it made them more likely.”

Were I back owning my business again, I wouldn't hire a woman unless I really knew her.  I especially wouldn't hire some over educated, neurotic, angry college grad who would be looking for anything with which to nail a man.

I would be surprised if many women, on reflection, didn't think this farce was awful for Kavenaugh.  Most women have men that they love and it will not escape them that their men could be targeted just like the judge.

31 mins ago, Knight771 said:

Were I back owning my business again, I wouldn't hire a woman unless I really knew her.  I especially wouldn't hire some over educated, neurotic, angry college grad who would be looking for anything with which to nail a man.

I would be surprised if many women, on reflection, didn't think this farce was awful for Kavenaugh.  Most women have men that they love and it will not escape them that their men could be targeted just like the judge.

Then you would be sued for discriminatory hiring practices.

I have not had s woman on my staff in over ten years. My choice and the firm is big enough that I don’t have to worry about it. 

The problem for woman professionals is that their male counter-parts are now afraid to be out with them socially for work-oriented events or traveling on business alone. The nature of Happy Hour has changed as has marketing roadshows. And it is not to the benefit of the women. 

OK, this one is interesting but the results are not great for Kavanaugh if taken at face value. The results for all R, all D and I are likely spot on. However, the overall results might be skewed by the sample's demos:

32% D

24% R

44% I

The sample is 2,600 so the calculated MoE is likely in the low 3%s.

Interestingly, 32% of the sample is not registered to vote. THIRTY TWO percent so the election impact of this poll is meaningless. 

Poll shows split views on Kavanaugh, Ford after dramatic hearing

A poll released Saturday shows that Americans are deeply divided over testimony given by Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford at Thursday's dramatic Senate Judiciary Committee hearing.

According to the YouGov survey, 41 percent of Americans said that they "definitely" or "probably" believe the testimony of Ford, who has accused Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her at a house gathering when the two were in high school in the early 1980s.

A slightly lower percentage of respondents, 35 percent, said that they "definitely" or "probably" believe Kavanaugh's testimony, in which he vehemently denied the claims against himself while rebuking Democratic members of the Senate panel for not pushing for a hearing sooner.

When asked if they believed one side had lied at the hearing, 38 percent of respondents said Kavanaugh "probably" or "definitely" lied at some point during his testimony while 30 percent said the same about Ford's testimony.

The results were split deeply among partisan lines, while independent voters were almost evenly split.

Seventy-three percent of Democrats said they believe Ford's testimony, while 74 percent of Republicans said they believe Kavanaugh.

A slightly higher number of Republicans, 14 percent, said they believe Ford compared with Democrats who said they believe Kavanaugh, 11 percent.

Among independents, 33 percent said they believed Ford, while 32 percent said they believed Kavanaugh.

Thursday's hearing caused little movement overall in Americans' view of whether Kavanaugh should be confirmed, according to the YouGov survey.

Men get attracted to women and women get attracted to men in the work place all the time, it happens. Policy states "no" relationships in the workplace. But who can stop the wandering eye? 

Many fall prey to temptation and suffer the consequences.  

And just to put an exclamation point on why you can’t trust polls vis-a-vis elections without going into the details, check this out from the poll above - 45% of the participants in this poll did not vote in 2016. Why? Unregistered? Apathy? Too young two years ago? 

399018EE-D620-4D5D-AD82-7C35CD75B0B1.jpeg.30c9e6e035aeb1424c333ff2b011074b.jpeg

Putting aside all the drama it's still a referendum on Trump.

50-50 half oppose him, half support him.

Just now, illrepute said:

Until we see what happens with Kavanaugh its all rhetoric, speculation means nothing.

So you can't envision any possible negative fallout from the Democrats and their supporters treatment of Kavanaugh?

12 hours ago, dena said:

Then you would be sued for discriminatory hiring practices.

No, not if I don't tell them.  I just wouldn't hire them.  Small business.